Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213

Thread: Introducing PlayStation Classic

Addicted Member
    Swear to my bones
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZA View Post
    It still is. Some gems in its library of games. Panzer Dragoon Saga still gets playtime from me.
    What good ****ing taste you have

Experience

Will probably skip this, loved my psx back in the day but I'll leave it at that, we got remasters of crash and odd world so I don't need to go back, an n64 would be nice though. Just hoping Nintendo get around to releasing a gamecube mini, had a ps2 so would be nice to play some of the Nintendo exclusives I missed out on.

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Riggidig View Post
    Opted for Saturn over PS1 back in the day so never owned one. Hmmmm......
    But how could you resist all those cool funky Playstation ads on TV. They really marketed the PS1 really well.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Oupa
    I love you Mr. Bubz.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    But how could you resist all those cool funky Playstation ads on TV. They really marketed the PS1 really well.
    I honestly can't remember any of those ads on TV? I just knew back then (and now still) I preferred that the Saturn had all those gorgeous 2D fighters on it, plus the 6 button control pads were so OP for me. Still remember rushing to Clicks(??) from school one day before it closed because they were having a sale on Saturn games there (Darkstalkers, X-Men, Street Fighter Alpha to name a few). Also remember my mom driving me out to the southern suburbs to get one. Was a video shop selling their rental units. Good memories...

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Riggidig View Post
    I honestly can't remember any of those ads on TV? I just knew back then (and now still) I preferred that the Saturn had all those gorgeous 2D fighters on it, plus the 6 button control pads were so OP for me. Still remember rushing to Clicks(??) from school one day before it closed because they were having a sale on Saturn games there (Darkstalkers, X-Men, Street Fighter Alpha to name a few). Also remember my mom driving me out to the southern suburbs to get one. Was a video shop selling their rental units. Good memories...
    Well the saturn was built with arcade ports in mind. The 4mb ram expansion helped those games that supported it tremendously. X-men vs SF could have 2 characters vs the 1 character and support that the PSX had. Loading times were much improved.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

Riggidig (September 20th, 2018)  

Oupa
    I love you Mr. Bubz.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Well the saturn was built with arcade ports in mind. The 4mb ram expansion helped those games that supported it tremendously. X-men vs SF could have 2 characters vs the 1 character and support that the PSX had. Loading times were much improved.
    Exactly. Poor PS1 couldn't handle sprite intensive games I remember. Technically you COULD select 2 characters in X-Men vs SF but both teams had to have the SAME characters so the machine didn't have to load LOL
    Last edited by Riggidig; September 20th, 2018 at 10:37 AM.

Oupa
    I love you Mr. Bubz.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RedLuigi View Post
    Will probably skip this, loved my psx back in the day but I'll leave it at that, we got remasters of crash and odd world so I don't need to go back, an n64 would be nice though. Just hoping Nintendo get around to releasing a gamecube mini, had a ps2 so would be nice to play some of the Nintendo exclusives I missed out on.
    Tempted, but it'll probably cost way too much for me, what with our kak Rand. Also would like to know the complete list of 20 games included before buying.

Also, no analogue sticks on those pads? WTF Sony...

Experience

I think in order for me to not get this or rather for me to get this I need the main 3 games of the system which arguably in most lists would be FF7, MGS and RE2. I think most lists has those 3 at the top but the order would be mixed.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Ac adapter not included.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213