Poll: zelda breath of the wild vs mario odyssey

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Nintendo Switch tips (just the tip:)

Experience

Question Nintendo Switch tips (just the tip:)

I'm new to Nintendo.

Please advise on best memory card, what is the best first game to get (Zelda or Mario?) and anything else that would be good to know

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlantRage View Post
    I'm new to Nintendo.

Please advise on best memory card, what is the best first game to get (Zelda or Mario?) and anything else that would be good to know
    If you plan on downloading games for the most part I advise getting a big memory card (at least 64gb) but a 128gb is probably sufficient for an avid player if you are willing to spend a fair chunk of change for it.

You probably want to pay attention to the write/read speed of the SD card too but I am not completely clued up on that myself.

As for the games both BOTW and Odyssey are amazing games that if you haven't played either should be priority #1 to get both, I myself think everyone who hasn't experience BOTW on Switch or Wii U should.

Experience

I have not played either, both look good but I want to start with the one that is the best "new to switch experience"

Experience

I want a 64gb Sandisk, not sure between the ultra and the extreme.

Game IDs
    Experience

If I had to choose then Zelda.

Odyssey didn't grab me at all, found it really boring and incredibly annoying since Mario always makes really stupid sounds.

BotW is ok but I'd much rather play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 especially now that Torna is out, Zelda has some silly game designs and can get quite boring, has some amazing game mechanics though and is one of those games you pretty much need on the system but then realize you actually didn't. Both Bayonetta games are out and run great in docked and handheld mode. Hollow Knight had loads of content for such a low cost, Dead Cells is the perfect game for the system and Mario Kart is always fun with friends. Ys VIII is also a solid game but is let down by some performance issues as is Battle Chasers, a good solid 30-40 hours in that game if not more if you decide to go NG+

Size depends on how much you want at one time, I have a 400gb SD card since I download a lot and with it being portable I want as much on it as possible. The Sandisk Ultra at 100MB/s are your best bet, the Switch itself can't take advantage of anything faster.
    Last edited by DarkPrince; September 21st, 2018 at 11:37 PM.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

Experience

The cheapest of the two
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantRage View Post
    I want a 64gb Sandisk, not sure between the ultra and the extreme.

Experience

Thank you, I will get the ultra as I mainly use my Ps4 currently and I like to play one game at a time, plus I prefer physical copies anyway. The games you suggested look good, I feel like it's now between BOTW and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Experience

What's the story with amibos they can be useful for certain games?