Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9252627282930 LastLast

Thread: GamePass news

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    As I understand it, if you own it own Xbone then you will be able to play it on XboxSX. All games will be BC.
    Not going to stop them from remastering/ releases old games as new.

2. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (January 4th, 2020)  

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Apparently Game Pass PC is getting Children of Morta and Plague Tale: Innocence.

Brilliant games both.

Edit: Former is already available.

Edit Edit: Gris too apparently.
    Last edited by Cathal; January 16th, 2020 at 06:43 PM.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

Awesome been waiting on Plague Tale! Morta was excellent.shoupdnt have bought it on Steam lol.

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Awesome been waiting on Plague Tale! Morta was excellent.shoupdnt have bought it on Steam lol.
    Thought the same, bought it during the winter sale

Actually made me think, won't this start hurting indie titles inevitably.
    Since most people start expecting indies to go to GP, they'll start not buying them. Not buying them may lead to the view they're not worthwhile, which may mean that they don't get offered the GP deal.

Hmmm...

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Thought the same, bought it during the winter sale

Actually made me think, won't this start hurting indie titles inevitably.
    Since most people start expecting indies to go to GP, they'll start not buying them. Not buying them may lead to the view they're not worthwhile, which may mean that they don't get offered the GP deal.

Hmmm...
    I'm pretty sure MS need their permission to put the games on Gamepass. Or am I mistaken? I know it's like that for PS Plus anyway, but don't really know if it's like that with MS. It was 120 bucks on Steam so it's so cheap already. 2019 has been the year for indies for me. Where they have been the best games I have played all year.

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

I'm pretty sure MS need their permission to put the games on Gamepass. Or am I mistaken? I know it's like that for PS Plus anyway, but don't really know if it's like that with MS. It was 120 bucks on Steam so it's so cheap already. 2019 has been the year for indies for me. Where they have been the best games I have played all year.
    Definitely. Think its a business thing. GP approaches them and offers money per some kind of agreement. These indies are probably taking the deals, because the initial wave of sales have passed, and they're now in a lull. So to get continuous cashflow. It might lead to a customer trust issue though, leading to my aforementioned speculation. Obviously not confirmed, but I know for a fact that I'll start being a lot more wary of the titles I spend money on as this becomes more prevalent.

There are already tons of people with the "I'll wait for GP mentality", I'm just curious what the ultimate effects of it this will be.

8. Saying Thanks:

Jer1cho (January 16th, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Definitely. Think its a business thing. GP approaches them and offers money per some kind of agreement. These indies are probably taking the deals, because the initial wave of sales have passed, and they're now in a lull. So to get continuous cashflow. It might lead to a customer trust issue though, leading to my aforementioned speculation. Obviously not confirmed, but I know for a fact that I'll start being a lot more wary of the titles I spend money on as this becomes more prevalent.

There are already tons of people with the "I'll wait for GP mentality", I'm just curious what the ultimate effects of it this will be.
    From a consumer point of view its amazing. But like you say, Is it best for the devs? It's like how all artists have to tour so much again cause long gone are the days of physical purchases, and now digital thanks to Spotify and Apple. The corporations are beasts I'm afraid.

Slay the Spire up too. Man oh man I'm canceling more and more games from my Steam Wishlist. Really amped for this one!

EDIT omg Wizard of Legend, Subnautica and FTL. All games on my Steam wishlist. Lol. 70 bucks a month wtf.
    Last edited by Jer1cho; January 16th, 2020 at 07:58 PM.

10. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 16th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

From a consumer point of view its amazing. But like you say, Is it best for the devs? It's like how all artists have to tour so much again cause long gone are the days of physical purchases, and now digital thanks to Spotify and Apple. The corporations are beasts I'm afraid.

Slay the Spire up too. Man oh man I'm canceling more and more games from my Steam Wishlist. Really amped for this one!

EDIT omg Wizard of Legend, Subnautica and FTL. All games on my Steam wishlist. Lol. 70 bucks a month wtf.
    Best deal in gaming since the invention of bit torrent

12. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (Yesterday),  FrankyF (January 17th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

A Plague Tale is indeed amazing

14. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 17th, 2020),  WarGod ZA (January 17th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

16. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (Yesterday),  Cravinho (Yesterday)  

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9252627282930 LastLast