Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 184864656667686970 LastLast

Thread: GamePass news

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    They market as though they doing you favor by it being free. Doesn't make sense, not like anybody expected to pay extra to stream those games.
    Sorry dude, I still don't understand your stand point. They merely say there's no additional cost involved, nothing wrong with that, they just enforcing there is no additional cost for xCloud because people would definitely ask how much will xCloud cost.

Today, I’m pleased to share the initial launch line-up of more than 150 games that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can play via the cloud in 22 countries starting September 15 at no additional cost.
    There's plenty of companies that like to market services and then when you want it, you pay. DSTV is guilty of this. They advertise a PVR decoder that can record live TV and schedule recordings for series etc. Then when you go to record, you need to pay a monthly R99 Access fee. (Not sure if it has changed, but they were like this back in 2014/2015)

Gaming Wizard
    Hands off the banana!
    Experience

Sony really needs to push their PS Now service to compete with Xbox in the next gen. I can’t believe how they haven’t marketed it at all. There is too much value in game pass. They will definitely find it hard to compete next gen if they don’t heavily expand their offer despite them having the vastly superior first party games.
    Hidden Content
    Fifa Tournament Winner in Wroclaw - Poland
    PS3ZA World Cup Tournament Winner

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkiller View Post
    Sony really needs to push their PS Now service to compete with Xbox in the next gen. I can’t believe how they haven’t marketed it at all. There is too much value in game pass. They will definitely find it hard to compete next gen if they don’t heavily expand their offer despite them having the vastly superior first party games.
    Two different strategies on the go right now. I would presume with all that's been happening with Game Pass though, it has likely gotten them to sit up and take notice though. Maybe next year they will start revamping PS Now.

4. Saying Thanks:

Cerealkiller (September 14th, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Sorry dude, I still don't understand your stand point. They merely say there's no additional cost involved, nothing wrong with that, they just enforcing there is no additional cost for xCloud because people would definitely ask how much will xCloud cost.

There's plenty of companies that like to market services and then when you want it, you pay. DSTV is guilty of this. They advertise a PVR decoder that can record live TV and schedule recordings for series etc. Then when you go to record, you need to pay a monthly R99 Access fee. (Not sure if it has changed, but they were like this back in 2014/2015)
    Yeah I really don't see the problem with added value at no extra cost. Wish Sony would be that nice to me :|

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    Yeah I really don't see the problem with added value at no extra cost. Wish Sony would be that nice to me :|
    As per my post above, I am sure Game Pass has gotten their attention and they will start to enhance PS Now to be more attractive.

7. Saying Thanks:

Cerealkiller (September 14th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    As per my post above, I am sure Game Pass has gotten their attention and they will start to enhance PS Now to be more attractive.
    Ps now has way more games than gamepass(don't tell me about first party ms quality, nobody is missing out imo). It's just not the only thing to bring people to playstation.

Experience

Ps now has way more games than gamepass(don't tell me about first party ms quality, nobody is missing out imo). It's just not the only thing to bring people to playstation.
    Lol. Ps Now isn't even available in SA yet. Nevermind competing with gamepass. Ps Now only allows only some games to be downloaded on console and played. The rest is streamed. Gamepass you play everything locally. Ps Now also has no online play included in the sub. Gamepass gets exclusives day 1.

PS now might one day be a decent alternative but it's behind at the moment, if it's even available in your region lol.

Also, have you looked at the ps now library? The very definition of quantity over quality.
    Last edited by Jer1cho; September 14th, 2020 at 08:58 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

This is just a quick list I put together of games I have played (from what I remember). They are or were on Game Pass. I think in total I have paid less than R2500 since initially join in 2018 sometime, was upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate in 2019 and that subscription expires 2022. Now of course we have EA Play coming in as well.

As a side note, TLOU2 scored 93 on Metacritic while Forza Horizon 4 scored 92, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps scored 90. If MS doesn't have quality, then TLOU2 must also be rubbish!

1st Party I have played

• Forza Horizon 4
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    • Ori and the Blind Forest
    • Gears 4
    • Gears Ultimate

3rd Party I have played

• Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • The Outer Worlds
    • Doom (2016)
    • Metro Exodus
    • Fallout 4
    • Alien Isolation
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order

Various Indy Games I have played

• Carrion
    • State of Decay 2
    • The Gardens Between
    • The Turing Test
    • Shadow Complex Remastered

Games I have yet to play, maybe one day

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Gears of War 5
    • Batman Arkham Knight
    • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    • Nier: Automata
    • Dishonored 2
    • A Plague Tale: Innocence
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Life is Strange 1 + 2
    • Darksiders III
    • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
    Last edited by AdrianH; September 14th, 2020 at 09:55 PM.

11. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (September 18th, 2020),  Nyt Ryda (September 15th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Lol. Ps Now isn't even available in SA yet. Nevermind competing with gamepass. Ps Now only allows only some games to be downloaded on console and played. The rest is streamed. Gamepass you play everything locally. Ps Now also has no online play included in the sub. Gamepass gets exclusives day 1.

PS now might one day be a decent alternative but it's behind at the moment, if it's even available in your region lol.

Also, have you looked at the ps now library? The very definition of quantity over quality.
    All Ps4 games are downloadable.

Experience

All Ps4 games are downloadable.
    Really? On Sony's site it says 'Select PS4™ games are available for download on PS Now'. Guess they must be wrong. Doesn't matter either way because the PS4 offerings are old games everyone has already played, with virtually none of the good PS4 games. So that's what you get IF it's even available in your country.

PS Now is kak when compared to GamePass bottom line.

Now you get xCloud and eventually EA play too on Gamepass. Chalk and cheese comparing the 2.

EDIT: I have now spent a fair bit of time seeing what is actually on PS Now these days. It's even worse than I thought lol. Kak game after kak game. Old game after old game. Damn I knew it was bad compared to GP but didn't think it was this bad lol.
    Last edited by Jer1cho; September 15th, 2020 at 11:56 AM.

14. Saying Thanks:

Uberutang (September 18th, 2020)  

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 184864656667686970 LastLast