Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: How to get more info on someone if I have their ID number?

Addicted Member
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JohannS View Post
    I actually just phoned again to put a bit of pressure on them. Got a call back from the detective just now
    Imagine that...

I gave the detective the info i got, and he seemed more intrigued with what i had to say.
    He took it all down and will follow up with me next week.

Will keep y'all posted.
    I'm looking forward to see how this turns out

Oupa
    (oo)
    Experience

With all the rape and murder cases they will probably not put much time into a scammer investigation.

Also , you say the id matched the name on the bank account , but remember when you do a payment all that matters is the account number , he could have given any name there as the account name far as I know.

3. Saying Thanks:

JohannS (October 5th, 2018)  

Very Senior Member
    Amused
    Game IDs
    Experience

Dude in all honesty, it really sucks being scammed but for 2.5k why do you wanna stress yourself so much, cut the loss and move on. The police in this country are a damn joke, you'll never hear from them and you'll never see your money, unfortunately this is the reality.

5. Saying Thanks:

GAZZA (October 5th, 2018),  JohannS (October 5th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by andchaosZA View Post
    Dude in all honesty, it really sucks being scammed but for 2.5k why do you wanna stress yourself so much, cut the loss and move on. The police in this country are a damn joke, you'll never hear from them and you'll never see your money, unfortunately this is the reality.
    It's not about the money imo, it's the principal.

7. Saying Thanks:

JohannS (October 5th, 2018),  Neptune (October 8th, 2018),  No One (October 5th, 2018),  Sting_Ray (October 5th, 2018),  xcaliber (October 5th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

You are absolutely right, in the way that 2.6k isn't a lot of money at the end of the day. But when someone ripps you off, R10 is a lot of money. Like @Vast_aire said, it's about principle.

As I was given the run-around by two police stations (the one station sent me to the other, because, frankly, they didn't want to go through the trouble of filling out the report (under the guise that "their systems where down"). When i got to the other station, they where rather upset that i'm their problem now, and that they 'know' the only reason why i'm there, is because the other guys where just too damn lazy)

As i was waisting 3 hours of my life on this, i knew (since i'm self employed) that i'm actually loosing more than 3k in that time by not working. But, i'll do what i can to nail this dingleberry. Even if it's just an anecdotal exercise. I think too many people let crime like this slide because it's too much effort to report. That allows guys like this to freely scam 2.5k from someone who perhaps genuinely cannot afford to loose it.

9. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (October 5th, 2018),  GB9 (October 5th, 2018),  Neptune (October 8th, 2018)  

Experience

This. All day.

Better to get to this realization earlier rather than have it do a number on your blood pressure. Not to mention the wasted time in running around on a fruitless exercise.

The money is gone. It ain't coming back. Chalk it down to a lesson well learned. And move on, knowing that with this experience it's going to be a helluva lot tougher for you to fall for another scam.

Very Senior Member
    None of your concern
    Experience

Why is it with all the horror stories you read from the scam forums people still openly trust strangers?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PS4, PS3, PSP, PC: i5 4590, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB

Game IDs
    Experience

People are desperate for a deal and when you are desperate you make silly decisions like trusting strangers.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789