Thread: LG C7 and Apple TV 4K?

Game IDs
    Experience

Default LG C7 and Apple TV 4K?

Hey guys

I use my current ATV for streaming only, do you think it necessary to upgrade to the 4K model?
    Will the TV's built-in apps suffice or will I be missing out on something?

Game IDs
    Experience

It depends on your viewing habits I suppose. If you rent movies from iTunes it would make sense to upgrade to the ATV 4K, but you're not missing out when it comes to apps like Netflix and Prime - though I do find accessing everything through a single device more convenient.

3. Saying Thanks:

krishie (September 27th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    It depends on your viewing habits I suppose. If you rent movies from iTunes it would make sense to upgrade to the ATV 4K, but you're not missing out when it comes to apps like Netflix and Prime - though I do find accessing everything through a single device more convenient.
    Good point but besides convenience no quality loss in video or audio quality?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by krishie View Post
    Good point but besides convenience no quality loss in video or audio quality?
    I don't use my LG's smart platform, but I have tinkered with it. Actual content looks good, don't think you're losing or gaining anything there, but the app's UIs use a different picture preset that does not look good. Also, while there's nothing wrong with the bigger apps like Netflix in terms of functionality, some of the other apps I like to use like UFC Fight Pass are really poor on LGs platform, there's also a wider variety of applications, such as Crunchyroll, on the ATV (at least in my region).

6. Saying Thanks:

krishie (September 27th, 2018)