Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314

Thread: Post Office crisis number

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Anything is better than SAPO lol, did you use AGS or did Amazon ship it with Aramex as I think there is a difference though.
    Amazon sent it with aramex but I would guess that the clearing process is the same.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xCY4N1D3x ZA View Post
    How bad is SAPO with domestic overnight deliveries nowadays?

Used Speed Services couple of years ago and didn't really have any issues, but haven't used them in ages after SAPO lost some documents via registered mail once.
    This might be of interest to you. BI sent some chocolate eggs from Joburg to Cape Town using different couriers. They tested Aramex (from Pick n Pay stores), Paxi (via Pep stores), 3@1's courier service, PostNet, and the Post Office's Speed Courier.

Surprisingly Speed Services delivered it the fastest and only 25% of the eggs were crushed. 3@1, which I have never heard of before were the worst - 100% of the eggs were crushed.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.co.za/we...cked-us-2019-2

3. Saying Thanks:

xCY4N1D3x ZA (February 14th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Aramex told me the same on an Amazon package I had delivered in November. It took them two weeks to clear it which is pretty damn slow though its still better then SAPO
    Sitting here with the same issue. Aramex via Amazon.

All customs duties, etc, sorted out already when doing the Amazon purchase. But the flippen thing is just sitting at customs for over two weeks now.

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Amazon sent it with aramex but I would guess that the clearing process is the same.
    Yeah what I mean is if you are a AGS member then your packages are cleared by the AGS team, and not through the standard Aramex process (Amazon orders ect). Mine was cleared on Friday btw, took them 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZA View Post
    Sitting here with the same issue. Aramex via Amazon.

All customs duties, etc, sorted out already when doing the Amazon purchase. But the flippen thing is just sitting at customs for over two weeks now.
    They mentioned to me that they have a backlog. So the guys ordering from Amazon might wait a while. I was also told by a friend that the custom system changed. Customs used to release the packages much quicker before the Aramex payments were even made, apparently they now wait for the funds to clear from Aramex before they release the package, that created a backlog and it seems they are understaffed.
    Last edited by Transformer09; February 18th, 2019 at 10:01 AM.
    The storm follows in my wake

6. Saying Thanks:

GAZZA (February 18th, 2019)  

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314