Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Post Office crisis number

  1. #51
    Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Transformer09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    George
    Posts
    3,237
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Do you use the Pay Now or Auto Pay function on their site?
    Is it safe to use the Auto Pay function - have you ever contested a shipping amount for instance.
    No use the Pay Now future. The Auto Pay function seemed glitchy when I first used it in January. I guess its safe yes but I prefer to pay when they send you the email. You sometimes have to pay twice but that is up to you, meaning when the item ships from eg US, you can pay for the shipping but then you need to pay again at customs IF there are any fees. So I usually wait for the item to clear customs and do one payment. Never contested any payments as they haven't made any mistakes regarding the actual weight of the box. I usually ask a Store what the weight is before they ship it to AGS just to make sure, they are always spot on.
    The storm follows in my wake

  2. Saying Thanks:

    Stu (October 12th, 2018)  

  3. #52
    Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    14,112
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    No use the Pay Now future. The Auto Pay function seemed glitchy when I first used it in January. I guess its safe yes but I prefer to pay when they send you the email. You sometimes have to pay twice but that is up to you, meaning when the item ships from eg US, you can pay for the shipping but then you need to pay again at customs IF there are any fees. So I usually wait for the item to clear customs and do one payment. Never contested any payments as they haven't made any mistakes regarding the actual weight of the box. I usually ask a Store what the weight is before they ship it to AGS just to make sure, they are always spot on.
    Cool. Also, they don't seem to have a place for a zip code in your address, will they know where to deliver just based on your suburb/city?

    Edit: Was just thinking, should I just put the code next to my suburb, so like:

    Joe Soap
    10 Border Street
    Meadowridge, 7806
    South Africa

    Otherwise it will just look like:

    Joe Soap
    10 Border Street
    Meadowridge
    South Africa
    Last edited by Stu; October 12th, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

  4. #53
    Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Transformer09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    George
    Posts
    3,237
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Cool. Also, they don't seem to have a place for a zip code in your address, will they know where to deliver just based on your suburb/city?
    I don't have my code in. Just my suburb and city. If they have any problems they will contact you

    EDIT: If you ever have any question or problems, email this lady: Olivia . Ndlovu @ aramex . com
    The storm follows in my wake

  5. Saying Thanks:

    Stu (October 12th, 2018)  

  6. #54
    Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    14,112
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    I don't have my code in. Just my suburb and city. If they have any problems they will contact you

    EDIT: If you ever have any question or problems, email this lady: Olivia . Ndlovu @ aramex . com
    Shot, yeah I sent them a message through their site that I want to put my code alongside my suburb. It's strange that they don't have a field for a code though.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

  7. #55
    Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    14,112
    Experience

    Default

    Woohoo my parcel has finally arrived at Aramex Canada. Was getting a bit worried.
    This is my first dealing with Aramex so it's all new to me.
    @Transformer09 The invoice that you upload to Aramex, does your South African address have to be on there?
    Only my Canadian Aramex address is on there, as when I was checking out they don't ship internationally so they didn't provide an option for an SA address.

    If I do, do I just ask the shop I bought the goods at to make out an invoice with my South African address on it?
    Last edited by Stu; October 20th, 2018 at 08:32 AM.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

  8. #56
    Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Transformer09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    George
    Posts
    3,237
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    @Transformer09 The invoice that you upload to Aramex, does your South African address have to be on there?
    No, your Canadian address is fine. The invoice is just for them to see how much the item was so they can calculate the VAT/Import tax ect.
    The storm follows in my wake

  9. Saying Thanks:

    Stu (October 20th, 2018)  

  10. #57
    Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    14,112
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    No, your Canadian address is fine. The invoice is just for them to see how much the item was so they can calculate the VAT/Import tax ect.
    Excellent, thanks.
    I paid R304 for the shipping of two board games, I don't think that is bad at all for saving all the time of going through the post office and then risking not receiving it at all.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

  11. Saying Thanks:

    Transformer09 (October 20th, 2018)  

  12. #58
    Very Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Port Alfred
    Posts
    2,301
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Excellent, thanks.
    I paid R304 for the shipping of two board games, I don't think that is bad at all for saving all the time of going through the post office and then risking not receiving it at all.
    Will be interesting to see what your Vat/Import will be once landed. Trying my first purchase with AGS as well. Apparel so looking at 30% duties

  13. #59
    Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    14,112
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprince View Post
    Will be interesting to see what your Vat/Import will be once landed. Trying my first purchase with AGS as well. Apparel so looking at 30% duties
    Yeah, from the duties I'm charged by going through Amazon, I don't think it will be too bad for board games.
    For apparel though I think it might even be more than 30% from what I remember....... good luck.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

  14. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Witbank
    Posts
    824
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Yeah, from the duties I'm charged by going through Amazon, I don't think it will be too bad for board games.
    For apparel though I think it might even be more than 30% from what I remember....... good luck.
    Yup, if they mark it apparel it's wuite heavily taxed. The last one I got hit With was close to 70% of purchase value. Not sure why and wont really chase it up cause it was cheap and the @$$ who sent it marked it Apparel when it was a Motorbike seat.

    My other stuff with AGS has been waaay less. Ordered some other bike spares and was absolutley killed with R287... I'm still reeling, not sure if I will ever recover.
    You know you about to fight the main Boss when the red dragon you fighting turn's & Say's **** this i'm outa here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •