Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: RTX2080ti - My thoughts

Experience

Exactly, everything has to start somewhere. Some things take off. Others don't. I think AMD is smart allowing nvidia to take the charge. As they said they will implement it once it can be across all their cards. I think the question just is since we already knew that ray tracing takes hours or days to render what can we realistically expect from ray tracing. Just having it for reflections will not work.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

2. Saying Thanks:

adamr (November 15th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I think AMD is smart allowing nvidia to take the charge.
    Lol. Like they have a choice. They are followers (at this stage of the game). Wish that would change so Nvidia have some competition.

4. Saying Thanks:

Strifehart (November 15th, 2018)  

Experience

The last time they had a competing product was with the Radeon 7970 but they never kept up after that. Not to mention when I had to decide between the 7950, 7970 and 680 the big things AMD had going for them was the lower power consumption. Then Nvidia came along and said how about 7970 performance but at lower than 7950 power consumption.
    Hidden Content

Experience

Yesterday I finally got the 1809 update for windows 10. Played a bit of BF5 with ray tracing on to see how it performs.

To be clear my system specs are: AMD Ryzen 2 2700, 32gb ram and Gigabyte RTX2080ti.

I enabled ray tracing yesterday on the low setting with everything else on ultra. The game still performed good but I noticed stutters that weren't there before. Every few seconds I would just get a frame time spike but I cannot contribute it to ray tracing. It feels like a game engine thing. Ok now for actual numbers. I did the aerodrome map this morning with MSI afterburner on. Not the best map to test it out on but rt is still enabled in the puddles. I got around 70-80fps and that is at 3440x1440.

So you might also be asking why low instead of ultra or high on the ray tracing. My reasoning is that it is already a very intensive process and while there is a noticable difference between the highest and lowest rt setting just having rt on is already miles better than having screen space as the alternative.
    Hidden Content

7. Saying Thanks:

cuberclops (December 5th, 2018),  Madala_ZA (December 6th, 2018),  SamVImes (December 5th, 2018)  

Experience

Default RTX2080ti - My thoughts

I picked up the Galax 2080 Ti end Nov. Must say itís lived up to (and in some ways, exceeded) my expectations. Couldnít be happier, especially at R18k. Sold my Strix and paid in R8. Itís exactly what I wanted. But man, it looks tiny next to my Strix 1080 Ti.

Performance wise Iím seeing around 25-30% increase in frames. Not sure of the cooling performance, havenít monitored it too closely yet - itís only a dual fan card so they obviously have to work for their money. Iím gonna put it on water soon. AIO. Picked up a G12 and picking up a X52 next week. Will front mount it because I already have my CPU AIO 240 as an exhaust on top.

Aesthetics wise itís way better than I expected. I love the minimal black vibe (even the backplate looks decent in case) and the plastic finish actually looks great (I was expecting it to look cheap).

If I had to point a finger at something, it would definitely be the kak rgb options. This was a real let down for me - probably wonít mean much to some people. I mean it only has basic light settings and no separate rgb controls for the side and fans. On top of that itís not even argb (although this I knew in advance). The rgb is a basic one size fits all so I just turned it off. I have really nice argb vibes going on in my case anyway, thanks to one or two decent minimal vibe Asus Aura presets.

All in all itís an easy 9/10 for me if I forgive the kak rgb setup.

Experience

I play on 1440p. I see even the most graphically intense maps on BF5 can get 60 frames on ultra dxr (link). Not too bad actually... I was preparing for well below 60. Might have to sub to Origin Premier to take a look.

Experience

There is a bug with the nvidia driver that causes stutter in BF5 but overall its over 60fps with ultrawide 1440p. Now that I've seen what ray tracing can do I just want more of it.
    Hidden Content

11. Saying Thanks:

Madala_ZA (December 7th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    There is a bug with the nvidia driver that causes stutter in BF5 but overall its over 60fps with ultrawide 1440p. Now that I've seen what ray tracing can do I just want more of it.
    Ok nice. Iím gonna go in on Origin Premier then so I can see it for myself on BF5. Thanks for the heads up.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910