Thread: Game pass question

Experience

Default Game pass question

So I have a dilemma, game pass seems like a great deal but unfortunately when I started my WiFi contract I had to get an LTE modem that's capped so downloading games is an issue. (And they installed fibre in the area a month after I started (: )

Question being, if I can get hold of a disc of a game and install it, would I be able to run the game without the disc if it's on Game pass? Also can I copy the install files from someone else's xbox and run it on my console? There's a lot of games I really want to try out on game pass and at such a low price, it's extremely tempting. Just a hassle with downloading the games myself

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yes (but beware patches, need to be online for game pass)
    Copy = 100% . Your buddy can just copy to an exteranl HDD you give him and it will run on your console when you are authenticated to xbox live!

Experience

Ooh okay thank you, so every time I want to play game pass I have to be connected online? I guess that's fair. Now just need to ask around if any of my friends use game pass then I'll just be able to copy the games from them

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RedLuigi View Post
    Ooh okay thank you, so every time I want to play game pass I have to be connected online? I guess that's fair. Now just need to ask around if any of my friends use game pass then I'll just be able to copy the games from them
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think your friend needs game pass for you to copy the games. Think it just has to be a game thats on game pass SO copy from who ever has the game
    but you can't play said games once your game pass sub has expired. Apparently you can play games offline up to 30 days (may need confirmation of this though?)

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

No you shouldn't need to be online, just the very first time that you copy the files across for it to unlock.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Experience

I don't mind being online to play the games if that's the case, just the downloads themselves are insanely big for my capped Internet. Thanks for all the help guys, now to just convince one of my buddies with uncapped to get game pass xD.

Game IDs
    Experience

I don't mind being online to play the games if that's the case, just the downloads themselves are insanely big for my capped Internet. Thanks for all the help guys, now to just convince one of my buddies with uncapped to get game pass xD.
    Game share with one of them. They get to use your game pass, if they'll download the games for you

Experience

Sound advice, hope he bites though. He mainly games on PC and rarely touches his xbox but those free games could push him over haha

Game IDs
    Experience

Sound advice, hope he bites though. He mainly games on PC and rarely touches his xbox but those free games could push him over haha
    Can't say no to free games