Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PS4 Controller Repairs - Durban

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFan View Post
    The micro usb charging port, which from what I could gather after opening the controller and checking things out, doesn't look too hard to change. What I have realized today, it that it looks like the little ribbon cable between the port and PCB board is stuffed, as looks like the tracks have shorted out... How long does delivery through AliExpress take?
    Well if the ribbon is stuffed then it is possible that the usb board is fine. IE: u might only need to replace the ribbon.

As for the ordering parts I can honestly say anywhere from 3-5months tbh. That's the cost of getting the parts for like 70-90% less than local.

2. Saying Thanks:

MetalFan (October 18th, 2018)  

Apple pie...
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JoE View Post
    Plan on a 3 month wait. Add R25 to every item cost.
    F*** a duck, that's quiet a wait... Have just remembered there is a console repair center opposite Springfield Park Makro, above Nandos... Took my ps3 that didn't switch on or eject discs to them and they sorted it out, if I remember correctly they were quiet pricey though...

4. Saying Thanks:

Goiki7 (October 17th, 2018)  

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

F*** a duck, that's quiet a wait... Have just remembered there is a console repair center opposite Springfield Park Makro, above Nandos... Took my ps3 that didn't switch on or eject discs to them and they sorted it out, if I remember correctly they were quiet pricey though...
    I know that place. They've always told me they couldn't fix anything and sent me to partserve so I've avoided them. To repair is always going to be a pricey affair just ask them to have a look first then quote you.

6. Saying Thanks:

MetalFan (October 18th, 2018)  

Addicted Member onem1nutenoodle's Avatar
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JoE View Post
    I know that place. They've always told me they couldn't fix anything and sent me to partserve so I've avoided them. To repair is always going to be a pricey affair just ask them to have a look first then quote you.
    Also took my controller to them to sort out the R2 button. They said they don't open up controllers.
    send nudes

8. Saying Thanks:

JoE (October 17th, 2018),  MetalFan (October 18th, 2018)  

Junior Member Machine Gunn Eddie's Avatar
    Experience

Dude did you come right? I've got a v2 port you can have if you want it. I needed a v1 port but they sent me a v2
    - Never hide behind the thin guy

Junior Member Machine Gunn Eddie's Avatar
    Experience

If your R2 button is still not working just open up and reset the spring. It gets loose. If you need a new spring check xmods
    - Never hide behind the thin guy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234