Poll: What do you use?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvorak or Qwerty

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    There are no dvorak MS natural keyboards. I actually spoke to someone that took his dvorak keyboard to work because its the one he was use to. Technically its superior but because qwerty is so wide spread we wont see a standard shift. I can't remember the statistics either but its between 4-10% faster? That said peoples typing speed varies and the more you type the faster it gets so 300 words vs 330 words a minute when you communicate for maybe a min or min and a half?
    I type in rhythm much like playing piano and I just can't see myself doing the same with Dvorak.

Do you even still get Microsoft Natural keyboards in Qwerty? I used to love them.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    I type in rhythm much like playing piano and I just can't see myself doing the same with Dvorak.

Do you even still get Microsoft Natural keyboards in Qwerty? I used to love them.
    As far as I know they were never available in the MS N form. Would have made the switch to mechanical if the natural came in such a form factor. The thing is even to this day I still use a ms natural and I switched to one for my work. It made it impossible for anyone else to work on my pc but I get things done much faster

Learning dvorak now might still change how you type but is it really worth it at this point? Its hard enough to even find a dvorak keyboard.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

As far as I know they were never available in the MS N form. Would have made the switch to mechanical if the natural came in such a form factor. The thing is even to this day I still use a ms natural and I switched to one for my work. It made it impossible for anyone else to work on my pc but I get things done much faster

Learning dvorak now might still change how you type but is it really worth it at this point? Its hard enough to even find a dvorak keyboard.
    Yeah I wouldn’t bother short of borrowing one to fiddle with and see.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Framerate Enthusiast & Graphics Slut.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Don't be leftist now.
    Hey, I have a couple of left handed friends. So there's no way I can be a leftist.

5. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (October 23rd, 2018)  

-_-
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    Hey, I have a couple of left handed friends. So there's no way I can be a leftist.
    Typical leftist thing to say: Hey I have Left handed "friends" therefore I'm not a Leftist
    Gimme beer, gimme fibre, gimme games that I desire!
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Framerate Enthusiast & Graphics Slut.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by i.r.polly View Post
    Typical leftist thing to say: Hey I have Left handed "friends" therefore I'm not a Leftist
    thatsthejoke.gif

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

I see the wired one (the seemingly only one) is only R500 odd.

Might just get one for Christmas.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

There are no dvorak MS natural keyboards. I actually spoke to someone that took his dvorak keyboard to work because its the one he was use to. Technically its superior but because qwerty is so wide spread we wont see a standard shift. I can't remember the statistics either but its between 4-10% faster? That said peoples typing speed varies and the more you type the faster it gets so 300 words vs 330 words a minute when you communicate for maybe a min or min and a half?
    Yeah try maybe 1/3rd of that as the standard.

World record is 360wpm with 97.23% accuracy and that's on a Stenotype which is what they use in court as it's almost real time.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12