Poll: What do you use?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Dvorak or Qwerty

  1. #11
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    26,814
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    There are no dvorak MS natural keyboards. I actually spoke to someone that took his dvorak keyboard to work because its the one he was use to. Technically its superior but because qwerty is so wide spread we wont see a standard shift. I can't remember the statistics either but its between 4-10% faster? That said peoples typing speed varies and the more you type the faster it gets so 300 words vs 330 words a minute when you communicate for maybe a min or min and a half?
    I type in rhythm much like playing piano and I just can't see myself doing the same with Dvorak.

    Do you even still get Microsoft Natural keyboards in Qwerty? I used to love them.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  2. #12
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,561
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    I type in rhythm much like playing piano and I just can't see myself doing the same with Dvorak.

    Do you even still get Microsoft Natural keyboards in Qwerty? I used to love them.
    As far as I know they were never available in the MS N form. Would have made the switch to mechanical if the natural came in such a form factor. The thing is even to this day I still use a ms natural and I switched to one for my work. It made it impossible for anyone else to work on my pc but I get things done much faster

    Learning dvorak now might still change how you type but is it really worth it at this point? Its hard enough to even find a dvorak keyboard.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  3. #13
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    26,814
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    As far as I know they were never available in the MS N form. Would have made the switch to mechanical if the natural came in such a form factor. The thing is even to this day I still use a ms natural and I switched to one for my work. It made it impossible for anyone else to work on my pc but I get things done much faster

    Learning dvorak now might still change how you type but is it really worth it at this point? Its hard enough to even find a dvorak keyboard.
    Yeah I wouldn’t bother short of borrowing one to fiddle with and see.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  4. #14
    Gaming Wizard
    Framerate Enthusiast & Graphics Slut.
    Strifehart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    10,143
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Don't be leftist now.
    Hey, I have a couple of left handed friends. So there's no way I can be a leftist.

  5. Saying Thanks:

    SauRoN (October 23rd, 2018)  

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    -_-
    i.r.polly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Randfontein
    Posts
    292
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    Hey, I have a couple of left handed friends. So there's no way I can be a leftist.
    Typical leftist thing to say: Hey I have Left handed "friends" therefore I'm not a Leftist
    Gimme beer, gimme fibre, gimme games that I desire!
    Hidden Content

  7. #16
    Gaming Wizard
    Framerate Enthusiast & Graphics Slut.
    Strifehart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    10,143
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i.r.polly View Post
    Typical leftist thing to say: Hey I have Left handed "friends" therefore I'm not a Leftist
    thatsthejoke.gif

  8. #17
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    26,814
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    As far as I know they were never available in the MS N form. Would have made the switch to mechanical if the natural came in such a form factor. The thing is even to this day I still use a ms natural and I switched to one for my work. It made it impossible for anyone else to work on my pc but I get things done much faster

    Learning dvorak now might still change how you type but is it really worth it at this point? Its hard enough to even find a dvorak keyboard.
    I see the wired one (the seemingly only one) is only R500 odd.

    Might just get one for Christmas.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  9. #18
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    26,814
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    There are no dvorak MS natural keyboards. I actually spoke to someone that took his dvorak keyboard to work because its the one he was use to. Technically its superior but because qwerty is so wide spread we wont see a standard shift. I can't remember the statistics either but its between 4-10% faster? That said peoples typing speed varies and the more you type the faster it gets so 300 words vs 330 words a minute when you communicate for maybe a min or min and a half?
    Yeah try maybe 1/3rd of that as the standard.

    World record is 360wpm with 97.23% accuracy and that's on a Stenotype which is what they use in court as it's almost real time.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •