Thread: cheap mobile lte router ?

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default cheap mobile lte router ?

yo guys

I'm looking for a cheap little lte router that I can use with telkoms 450gb night data plan so I dont have to use a phone as a hotspot.

I always assumed these were dinky little R200-R300 devices but to my surprise can hardly find any under R1500 ?

am I perhaps looking at the wrong stuff ?

any input on whats the cheapest/best option available ?, I dont need for it to be actually mobile as its never going to move.

Experience

The ZTE MF253 is probably your best bet for a cheap fixed LTE router. Alternatively you can lookout for the ZTE MF 910/920 for an actual mobile LTE router.
    ”This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we have ever seen from the standpoint of water.” - Donald Trump

3. Saying Thanks:

Vast_aire (October 25th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by cowbrains View Post
    The ZTE MF253 is probably your best bet for a cheap fixed LTE router. Alternatively you can lookout for the ZTE MF 910/920 for an actual mobile LTE router.
    Thank you.

The mf910 looks quite appealing, would there be any advantage of getting the 253 instead of the mf910?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Thank you.

The mf910 looks quite appealing, would there be any advantage of getting the 253 instead of the mf910?
    Well they're both LTE Cat 4 devices, so theoretically they should work the same. However fixed routers can usually connect to multiple networks and bands simultaneously which allows for better throughput and speeds. But this is dependent on the area you're in and what coverage you have with your provider.
    ”This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we have ever seen from the standpoint of water.” - Donald Trump

6. Saying Thanks:

Vast_aire (October 25th, 2018)  

Experience

I have the Huawei Mobile lte router e5573Cs. One is still sealed. hit me up if u interested. Not sure if this is what u looking for. I got it with the rain lte sim card