Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: PS4 Headset questions

  1. #11
    Junior Member BTR-LandyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    15
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat View Post
    Steel Series
    Razor
    Cougar
    Turtlebeach
    Astro
    PlayStation official headsets
    Ok, so the usual PC suspects

  2. Saying Thanks:

    Coldcat (Yesterday)  

  3. #12
    Junior Member BTR-LandyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    15
    Experience

    Default

    So I've seen the Cougar Immersa Pro, which looks pretty good. BUT, I am struggling to figure out how the cabling works? There appears to be a 3.5mm jack pluh, and then a USB cable with "a wireless" something something for the Surround sound I guess?

    Anyone using this on a PS4?

  4. #13
    Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Coldcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tableview, Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    30,036
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTR-LandyMan View Post
    So I've seen the Cougar Immersa Pro, which looks pretty good. BUT, I am struggling to figure out how the cabling works? There appears to be a 3.5mm jack pluh, and then a USB cable with "a wireless" something something for the Surround sound I guess?

    Anyone using this on a PS4?
    yeah I have. Did a review on them.

    They not wireless.

    Ok so you can use either. Plugged in Controller will not light up the LEDs on the headset. But plugged into PS4 via the usb adapter cable will do so.

    You don't get the surround Sound with either options unless you have it connected to PC and Game on PC, You need to install drivers and run a program. However you can still program the lights on the headset to work when connected to ps4 via USB.

    Sound quality to me was the same no matter how it was connected. Preferred connected to controller so I could be more mobile.

  5. #14
    Junior Member BTR-LandyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    15
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat View Post
    yeah I have. Did a review on them.

    They not wireless.

    Ok so you can use either. Plugged in Controller will not light up the LEDs on the headset. But plugged into PS4 via the usb adapter cable will do so.

    You don't get the surround Sound with either options unless you have it connected to PC and Game on PC, You need to install drivers and run a program. However you can still program the lights on the headset to work when connected to ps4 via USB.

    Sound quality to me was the same no matter how it was connected. Preferred connected to controller so I could be more mobile.
    Shot, thanks for the info ... and in your opinion, good enough sound for the price?

  6. #15
    Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Coldcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tableview, Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    30,036
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTR-LandyMan View Post
    Shot, thanks for the info ... and in your opinion, good enough sound for the price?
    I loved them, At the time I couldn't afford a pair even at the discounted price I was getting when doing the review. Wanted them badly.

    However I have trittons that are 5.1 Surround sound with a sound amp that splits it's channels. The sound from these are far better than the stereo. issues is it's old and heavy. Where the Cougars are light and you forget you have them on.

    The Cougar Immersa Pro is priced around R1300-15000 if I recall. Didn't recommend to you cause you wanted to be below 1k but if you had said that price range I'd say without a doubt get them. Very much value for money.



  7. #16
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    26,814
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    When I see these threads I'm reminded of the bloody sham Sony have going with having bluetooth in the console but disabling it for headset use.

    It's pre-historic logic.

    For the money I would probably just have done these.

    https://raru.co.za/electronics/31889...phones-tablets

    But in reality I would have spent more on a full blown over ear setup.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

  8. Saying Thanks:

    Coldcat (Today),  JoE (Today)  

  9. #17
    Junior Member BTR-LandyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    15
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat View Post
    I loved them, At the time I couldn't afford a pair even at the discounted price I was getting when doing the review. Wanted them badly.

    However I have trittons that are 5.1 Surround sound with a sound amp that splits it's channels. The sound from these are far better than the stereo. issues is it's old and heavy. Where the Cougars are light and you forget you have them on.

    The Cougar Immersa Pro is priced around R1300-15000 if I recall. Didn't recommend to you cause you wanted to be below 1k but if you had said that price range I'd say without a doubt get them. Very much value for money.


    Yeah, I know about the pricing. But they look sssoooo purdy. So might relook the budget if they are worth the extra cash above the other Cougar that was recommended

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    111
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Just to add my 5c, i bought my son PS4 Gold headset a few years ago and damn they are brilliant for the the money spent. I decided to get myself some as well about a month back just as a backup. When i opened the box they looked nothing like the headset my son has. These were seriously crap. Looked like they had fallen out of a cheap Chinese lucky packet. Sony pulling a fast one them greedy farkers. If anyone is planning on buying sony golds be aware that they are not the same quality as the old ones.

  11. #19
    Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    SauRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cape town
    Posts
    26,814
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Just to add my 5c, i bought my son PS4 Gold headset a few years ago and damn they are brilliant for the the money spent. I decided to get myself some as well about a month back just as a backup. When i opened the box they looked nothing like the headset my son has. These were seriously crap. Looked like they had fallen out of a cheap Chinese lucky packet. Sony pulling a fast one them greedy farkers. If anyone is planning on buying sony golds be aware that they are not the same quality as the old ones.
    Are you absolutely sure you didn't buy some third party head set pretending to be the same thing?

    Because the new and old ones aren't drastically different.

    The head band is a lot narrow and the headset itself is lighter, but that should be a good thing. Sound wise should be near identical.

    Every review I've seen has stated they are a major improvement on the old ones.
    Last edited by SauRoN; Today at 11:30 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •