Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Fallout3 on windows10 freezing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    How does this work again?
    meintjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alberton
    Posts
    22
    Experience

    Default Fallout3 on windows10 freezing

    Hi all.
    I'm not very clever with this pc gaming thing but my kids have annexed my ps3 so

    I got fallout 3 on a disc from my brother in law and I am having some problems. I got out the vault fine but the game at random points the game freezes and I have to restart the notebook to get out of it.

    till now it's only happened when inside buildings, I have set compatibility to xp sp3 as suggested by many google search results but still have the same problem.

    If anyone has any idea or knows what causes it please give me a schooling.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    11,241
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Why xp sp3?

    Maybe your pc is old junk?

    Maybe need drivers or to update the game?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    How does this work again?
    meintjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alberton
    Posts
    22
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Why xp sp3?

    Maybe your pc is old junk?

    Maybe need drivers or to update the game?
    Compatibility mode for xp sp3 is what has been recommended for the game to work.
    On the old junk topic I am not so sure, running windows 10 64bit
    i7 6700hq 2.6GHz
    24Gig ram.

    Here comes the "I'm not so clever bit" how would I update the game?

  4. #4
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    11,241
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meintjes View Post
    Compatibility mode for xp sp3 is what has been recommended for the game to work.
    On the old junk topic I am not so sure, running windows 10 64bit
    i7 6700hq 2.6GHz
    24Gig ram.

    Here comes the "I'm not so clever bit" how would I update the game?
    Not sure, if it's not a steam version you'll probably have to look it up how to update?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    How does this work again?
    meintjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alberton
    Posts
    22
    Experience

    Default

    Okay after many hours of searching and trying to replace "possibly corrupted" files and all resolution settings and compatibility modes, it still does the same.
    I am giving up on this game and will uninstall, will however try and get fallout4 and see how that works out.

    Thanks anyway

  6. #6
    Addicted Member
    Drugs are a hell of drug.
    Count_Grishnackh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Helvete
    Posts
    3,864
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meintjes View Post
    Okay after many hours of searching and trying to replace "possibly corrupted" files and all resolution settings and compatibility modes, it still does the same.
    I am giving up on this game and will uninstall, will however try and get fallout4 and see how that works out.

    Thanks anyway
    Buy the steam GOTY version for R45 for the most up to date version (youll probably want to install the unofficial patch next)

    Also what are your full specs... no dedicated gfx?
    Last edited by Count_Grishnackh; November 5th, 2018 at 12:29 PM.
    Hidden Content

    Leviathan™
    i7-6700K @ 4.00 Ghz | Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 5 | ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC Edition 11GB GDDR5X | Corsair Vegeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200 | 850 EVO 250GB SSD | WD 4TB Black | Corsair Hydro H100i GTX Liquid Cooling |Corsair RM850i |Windows 10 x64 | Steelseries H9 | Corsair M65 RGB | Corsair K70 RGB | Corsair Graphite 780T | Dell UltraSharp 34" Curved Monitor - U3415W

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    How does this work again?
    meintjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alberton
    Posts
    22
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Grishnackh View Post
    Buy the steam GOTY version for R45 for the most up to date version (youll probably want to install the unofficial patch next)

    Also what are your full specs... no dedicated gfx?
    I'm running a nvidia GeForce GTX1060 with 6gb dedicated ram

    Might try the steam version soon as my internet is connected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •