Thread: ‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series

Experience

Default ‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series

‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series In Works For Disney’s Streaming Service, Now Named Disney+
    https://deadline.com/2018/11/rogue-o...us-1202498593/

Disney announced fresh details of its family focused streaming service, including the new name — Disney+.

Disney CEO Bob Iger teased some of the exclusive content coming to Disney+ during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call, including a live-action prequel series based on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The film’s original star Diego Luna will topline it as Cassian Andor.

This marks the second Star Wars-based original series to be created for the streaming service. Director Jon Favreau is spearheading The Mandalorian, an origin story based on the warrior race from which bounty hunters Jango Fett and son Boba Fett sprung. Set after the fall of the Empire and the emergence of the First Order, it follows a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

Lucasfilm will produce the series, which will go into production next year. It will follow the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor (Luna) during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One.

“Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” Luna told StarWars.com in a story tied to Iger’s announcement. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

2. Saying Thanks:

Selecta (November 9th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

@IbiE is that a symbol for the antichrist? Has the apocalypse truly begun?

Addicted Member
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

Prequel of a prequel?