Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Phone

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Does Apple allow users to stream audio via Airplay from any and all apps on iPhone?
    No, it only works with certain apps.

Addicted Member
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    No, it only works with certain apps.
    Yeah, same limitations as Android. I guess it's to try stop piracy by not allowing the audio stream being intercepted.

AirAudio removes this restriction, but of course requires the admin privileges of root so that it can intercept thr audio stream.

But ja, I agree with @SauRoN that if you are already in the Apple ecosystem, then I would continue to do so.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default New Phone

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Believe me when I say AirAudio is not a hackjob. It was developed to allow Android users to steam audio from various apps to various devices.

The issue with Android apps (and then I presume Apple apps) is that unless the developer builds some kind of streaming into an app, you can't unless you use bluetooth. Sometimes you can cast, but often it hasn't been coded in.

Does Apple allow users to stream audio via Airplay from any and all apps on iPhone?
    Yes and no.

Direct streaming is only specifically supported if the app supports it.

But you can mirror absolutely anything but then your entire phone interface and all video/sound is airplayed globally.

Which of course means it canít always play in the background or other notification noises come through etc.

So basically itís per App AirPlay or whole OS AirPlay.

Canít think of any media app that doesnít support it directly though so itís hardly an issue just a case of other apps wouldnít bother.

So generally the OS streaming is really for outliers that you might want to display on your screen or output audio for.

Or put your MacBook or iPad on a second screen of course.
    Last edited by SauRoN; November 17th, 2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234