Thread: Calibrating tv

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Calibrating tv

Hey guys. Anybody know someone good at calibrating tv's in Jozi or if not a good piece of software I can use to do it?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Hey guys. Anybody know someone good at calibrating tv's in Jozi or if not a good piece of software I can use to do it?
    What TV is it you want to calibrate? I don't know of anyone, but you can do it yourself if you're willing to put in a bit of time, how much you need to spend on the gear depends on the TV you want to calibrate.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    What TV is it you want to calibrate? I don't know of anyone, but you can do it yourself if you're willing to put in a bit of time, how much you need to spend on the gear depends on the TV you want to calibrate.
    Thank @KenMasters. It's a Panasonic TX-65FZ950E. I had a guy from LG who did my W7 earlier this year but his phone isn't working anymore and he doesn't work at LG anymore

Game IDs
    Experience

Okay, taking Dolby Vision out of the equation makes things a lot cheaper. Though, being a Panasonic, they are very accurate out the box so calibration is not a necessity.

If you want to do it because you have some specific calibration goals or would like absolute linearity, then at minimum you need the following:

C6 HDR2000
    CalMAN Home Enthusiast
    Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (with Micro SD card)
    HD Fury Linker

CalMAN can interface directly with the TV over wifi, so you don't have to use the remote, all the calibration controls are within the program (under the DDC tab - Direct Display Control).

You need the C6 to measure the panel and gain access to the correct spectral distribution offset tables within CalMAN for the 2018 WRBG OLEDs.

The RPi can be used as a bit accurate pattern generator for SDR and as an HDR pattern generator by adding the HD Fury Linker to the signal chain. CalMAN will then control the RPi, triggering the necessary patterns automatically - this makes life much, much easier than using something like a pattern disc or USB stick. All download links and all instructions can be found here, the site can by design be intelligibly translated to english through Google Translate.
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 24th, 2018 at 11:11 AM.

5. Saying Thanks:

MJ INC (November 24th, 2018),  QuiXilver (November 24th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Okay, taking Dolby Vision out of the equation makes things a lot cheaper. Though, being a Panasonic, they are very accurate out the box so calibration is not a necessity.

If you want to do it because you have some specific calibration goals or would like absolute linearity, then at minimum you need the following:

C6 HDR2000
    CalMAN Home Enthusiast
    Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (with Micro SD card)
    HD Fury Linker

CalMAN can interface directly with the TV over wifi, so you don't have to use the remote, all the calibration controls are within the program (under the DDC tab - Direct Display Control).

You need the C6 to measure the panel and gain access to the correct spectral distribution offset tables within CalMAN for the 2018 WRBG OLEDs.

The RPi can be used as a bit accurate pattern generator for SDR and as an HDR pattern generator by adding the HD Fury Linker to the signal chain. CalMAN will then control the RPi, triggering the necessary patterns automatically - this makes life much, much easier than using something like a pattern disc or USB stick. All download links and all instructions can be found here, the site can by design be intelligibly translated to english through Google Translate.
    Thanks mate. I'll try it out of the box with some settings I have from a few people and if I'm not happy I'll try that

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Thanks mate. I'll try it out of the box with some settings I have from a few people and if I'm not happy I'll try that
    Nice thing about Panasonic is if you're not interested in motion processing features, it's set and forget. Put it in an accurate preset, activate game mode and switch off whatever extraneous processing remains and you're good to go for all content.

8. Saying Thanks:

MJ INC (November 24th, 2018)