Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freja and the False Prophecy - Cape Town based studio game on Kickstarter December 1

Experience

Hey guys!

A short update on the Kickstarter progress. It's been a wild ride and a crazy amount of work so far. We've been featured in a few small publications and had some streamers play the game and generally received favourable response. We've also made a bunch of updates on the Demo, if you haven't played it yet it's on the Kickstarter. We're at the half way point in time and about 45% funded. So it's nerve-racking, super close, and really could swing either way at this point.

And this is where I'd like to appeal to you guys. If you like the look of the game and want to support a local team doing something independent and different, even a contribution as small as $1 makes a huge difference (seriously, backer amount is a huge determining factor in Kickstarter's visibility algorithms). Obviously we'd welcome any amount and if you can't do that we'd ask that you share the campaign with your friends and network.

Freja Kickstarter

Thanks!

2. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (December 15th, 2018)  

Experience

Greetings SAGamers!

We're in the final stretch of the campaign with just over 50 hours to go! At 78% funded of our $22 000 target and over 500 backers it's too close to call at this point!

Unfortunately we also found ourselves on the end of someone's practical joke. Had a backer put in $2000 to work with us to create his own boss fight in the game. He then pulled his pledge on Christmas, put it back a few days later, and then pulled it out again. But that's in the past and it's the next 50 hours that really matters.

We have what we believe is going to be a fantastic game. If you haven't already we invite you to check out the Kickstarter and play the demo for yourselves. We're committed to making this thing happen. We have an excited community behind us and we want to share the development process with them. There is a chance we won't make it this time and if that's the case we will be back soon. But if you see the potential we do, and want to be part of something awesome, we'd love to invite you with us for the ride!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by gl1tchy View Post
    Greetings SAGamers!

We're in the final stretch of the campaign with just over 50 hours to go! At 78% funded of our $22 000 target and over 500 backers it's too close to call at this point!

Unfortunately we also found ourselves on the end of someone's practical joke. Had a backer put in $2000 to work with us to create his own boss fight in the game. He then pulled his pledge on Christmas, put it back a few days later, and then pulled it out again. But that's in the past and it's the next 50 hours that really matters.

We have what we believe is going to be a fantastic game. If you haven't already we invite you to check out the Kickstarter and play the demo for yourselves. We're committed to making this thing happen. We have an excited community behind us and we want to share the development process with them. There is a chance we won't make it this time and if that's the case we will be back soon. But if you see the potential we do, and want to be part of something awesome, we'd love to invite you with us for the ride!
    May I ask who is writing this game? I am a screenwriter and copywriter working in Cape Town and have always wanted to help write a game. If there's any room for someone like me to assist, please hit me up. I also edit if you ever want a badass trailer made. <3

5. Saying Thanks:

gl1tchy (December 31st, 2018)  

Experience

Hi Radium217,

We do have a writer, but would be happy to discuss it further. Things are a bit chaotic with the campaign right now, can you drop me a private message and I'll get back in a few days. Thanks!

7. Saying Thanks:

Radium217 (December 31st, 2018)  

Experience

Hi Guys!

Dropping in to say that we made it! Was super close, but in the last few hours of the campaign, as 2018 ticked over into 2019, we hit our target and got the game funded! Thanks for the support and feedback and looking forward to updating you with the game's progress!

Happy New Year!

9. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 4th, 2019),  Kaswa101 (January 4th, 2019),  LazyDemoni (January 3rd, 2019),  nykfist (January 3rd, 2019),  Raikan007 (January 3rd, 2019)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12