Thread: Need a new headset - replacemet for my G930

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Need a new headset - replacemet for my G930

Need to get a new headset as my G930 is failing. It doesn't need to be wireless but something decent and comfortable.
    Thinking of going for the SteelSeries Arctis 5. Those who have these, how are they? Would you recommend them?
    Anything else I should look at? Corsair voids?

Also the Arctis 5 is on sale on Amazon, if I should go this route would there be any other fees involved? Should I just wait for a local sale?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Keanan23 View Post
    Need to get a new headset as my G930 is failing. It doesn't need to be wireless but something decent and comfortable.
    Thinking of going for the SteelSeries Arctis 5. Those who have these, how are they? Would you recommend them?
    Anything else I should look at? Corsair voids?

Also the Arctis 5 is on sale on Amazon, if I should go this route would there be any other fees involved? Should I just wait for a local sale?
    I have the arctis 7(2019) it sounds identical to my friends arctis 5(legacy) as they have the same driver. The sound quality is amazing and it’s nice if you looking for a good multiplatform headset. The volume however isn’t too loud but it’s sufficient I only max it out on the Xbox one x but pc and other consoles I turn it down abit.
    Samsung Q8CN - PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Switch - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Radeon RX 580 PC - New 3DS XL

3. Saying Thanks:

Keanan23 (December 21st, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by msallies View Post
    I have the arctis 7(2019) it sounds identical to my friends arctis 5(legacy) as they have the same driver. The sound quality is amazing and it’s nice if you looking for a good multiplatform headset. The volume however isn’t too loud but it’s sufficient I only max it out on the Xbox one x but pc and other consoles I turn it down abit.
    Ill only use it for PC so that shouldn't be a problem. I like the look of these and the Corsair voids, they both have good reviews so stuck between the two. Ive always been a logitech fan but the G930's problem are off putting.

“Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Own the Corsair Void headset and really haven't had a problem with them. I would suggest test fitting them at a local store though, as the ear cup shape isn't for everyone.

Aside from that, Amazon should list all fees in your checkout cart. Usually the list price in green has a price below it in orange for both shipping and customs/VAT fees. It should be delivered to your door then without any isdue.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Own the Corsair Void headset and really haven't had a problem with them. I would suggest test fitting them at a local store though, as the ear cup shape isn't for everyone.

Aside from that, Amazon should list all fees in your checkout cart. Usually the list price in green has a price below it in orange for both shipping and customs/VAT fees. It should be delivered to your door then without any isdue.
    I have been checking out the reviews and reading others experience with the Corsairs and most have the problem with the mic not staying in position. This made me think twice as I was thinking of getting @GPunk's unit.

Yeah I saw afterwards that Amazon calculates and adds all charges.

Game IDs
    Experience

Audio Technica AD500x or Philips SHP9500s with a modmic or V-Moda BoomPro.

The Philips is the most comfortable Headphones I have ever owned.

Very Senior Member
    I went to Gamescom 2016
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Keanan23 View Post
    I have been checking out the reviews and reading others experience with the Corsairs and most have the problem with the mic not staying in position. This made me think twice as I was thinking of getting @GPunk's unit.

Yeah I saw afterwards that Amazon calculates and adds all charges.
    I actually have no issue with the mic when i used it .The mic stays in position without issues ... im not sure what problems people are having it with .

Game IDs
    Experience

The steelseries arctis 5 was on special on Amazon, so ordered that. It should be here tomorrow.