Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radeon 7 - AMDs finest

“Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Well the big thing will be what happens when we look at the next gen consoles. Will PS5 and NXbox have the technology? If we look at the 2060 that card is capable of 60fps at 1080p. If games that will utilize ray tracing only run at 30fps on the next gen consoles they can do with half the RT cores of that card. The big thing is the denoising. A single ray trace pass frankly looks like ****.

At some point the tech should become cheaper. I am guessing however it won't be this year but next year we might see the first midrange cards support it. And if you are wondering why I don't see the 2060 as midrange its because the price is beyond what many people can afford.
    I'm actually still waiting on proper benching for the 2060 with RT, but agreed on pricing. I just find it difficult to justify the current gen cards as value oriented, especially since most of the tech in them isn't 100% useable.

Sorry, but denoising?
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

To make ray tracing viable only a single pass is done. This means that the image quality is not that good. So in order to improve it it "denoises" the image. Think MPEG movies with those edges that you can see. When you denoise it smooths the quads.

LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

3. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (Today)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12