Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catherine released on PC

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Everything's cheaper on PC, as you know. But don't forget that with Switch you're paying extra for the portability and convenience. Same with PS4/XB1, you're paying for the ease of use that comes with console.

I guess one could also argue that PC should be more expensive because you're getting better graphics and frame-rates and the convenience of being able to use a mouse/keyboard and being able to use the amazing interface that is Steam, including free multiplayer, but that would be thinking too hard.
    I don't know if I agree with that "paying for the portability and convenience" vibe for every single game that gets ported to/released on Switch. It feels more like I'm paying some kind of Nintendo tax. I already paid for the portability and convenience when I bought the console, at more than what I could buy an Xbone or PS4 for, I might add.

The pricing of some Switch games is ludicrous. Even indie titles. Moonlighter is R130 on Steam, but over R300 on eShop. But that doesn't have anything to do with Catherine on PC so I'll stop now.
    Last edited by Wlad; January 12th, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

2. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (January 12th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Everything's cheaper on PC, as you know. But don't forget that with Switch you're paying extra for the portability and convenience. Same with PS4/XB1, you're paying for the ease of use that comes with console.

I guess one could also argue that PC should be more expensive because you're getting better graphics and frame-rates and the convenience of being able to use a mouse/keyboard and being able to use the amazing interface that is Steam, including free multiplayer, but that would be thinking too hard.
    Consoles are more expensive because royalties, nothing else.

If anything they are cheaper to develop for due to the limited hardware sets.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

4. Saying Thanks:

G_SHARK001 (January 12th, 2019),  Strifehart (January 13th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Consoles are more expensive because royalties, nothing else.

If anything they are cheaper to develop for due to the limited hardware sets.
    Console games? Yeah.

Would be fun to see some of the percentages, like of profit shares. Suppose that will never happen. Just to see how they range from game to game, dev to dev, platform to platform et cetera

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Catherine released on PC

Console games? Yeah.

Would be fun to see some of the percentages, like of profit shares. Suppose that will never happen. Just to see how they range from game to game, dev to dev, platform to platform et cetera
    It’s a flat rate per console manufacturer I believe for any “disc” release.

Indies being a bit different on their various programs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

7. Saying Thanks:

Very Senior Member PlayingItCool94's Avatar
    Experience

we call that switch tax

9. Saying Thanks:

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingItCool94 View Post
    we call that switch tax
    We call it for what it is... bull****.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

11. Saying Thanks:

G_SHARK001 (January 12th, 2019)