Thread: Fibre users on Afrihost

Experience

Default Fibre users on Afrihost

Got a question for gamers using Afrihost

I see their fibre comes with a few options, home vs premium and then business

While I understand their differences does going with premium justify the higher price with regards to gaming ?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Got a question for gamers using Afrihost

I see their fibre comes with a few options, home vs premium and then business

While I understand their differences does going with premium justify the higher price with regards to gaming ?
    I think that you will get better feedback here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/foru...scussions.305/
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

3. Saying Thanks:

Viking (January 16th, 2019),  Wyvern (January 16th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Game IDs
    Experience

@Viking.

I'm with them for Fibre on the 10md5mu Priority package.

The "premium" one I would get throttled at around 180-200gb of usage in a month. It wasnt too bad, but it was definitely noticeable when I was gaming and the GF was watching Netflix. I moved to the priority one and racked up 450gb odd over December with no issues. Granted that was purely game downloads while I was on leave, but I usually sit around 200-250gb a month.

Afrihost do work out a little more expensive than other options, but in saying that, their support so far has been fantastic. That whatsapp service of theirs really is the bomb. I know I can get a better costing deal at some of the other ISPs out there, but I'm hesitating purely because of the great experience I've had with Afrihosts new support platform so far.

5. Saying Thanks:

SPR1NGBOKKE (January 16th, 2019),  Viking (January 16th, 2019)  

Experience

I'm on the premium 10mb/5mb and racked up almost 800gb in September and October and last year and haven't noticed any throttling.

I average 500gb to 600gb per month.

7. Saying Thanks:

Viking (January 16th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PsyChoPanthis View Post
    @Viking.

I'm with them for Fibre on the 10md5mu Priority package.

The "premium" one I would get throttled at around 180-200gb of usage in a month. It wasnt too bad, but it was definitely noticeable when I was gaming and the GF was watching Netflix. I moved to the priority one and racked up 450gb odd over December with no issues. Granted that was purely game downloads while I was on leave, but I usually sit around 200-250gb a month.

Afrihost do work out a little more expensive than other options, but in saying that, their support so far has been fantastic. That whatsapp service of theirs really is the bomb. I know I can get a better costing deal at some of the other ISPs out there, but I'm hesitating purely because of the great experience I've had with Afrihosts new support platform so far.
    Thanks for replying

At this point I'm not interested in other isps simply because afrihost has always being a pleasure to deal with

That WhatsApp feature is rather cool

Also our phones are on their mobile data so I'm not changing isp anytime soon

Game IDs
    Experience

On the other end of the spectrum I am on Home uncapped for about a year. We use Netflix/YouTube/streaming for 95% of the time we watch TV (40mb line so its doing 4k). I have set the Switch, PS and XB to auto update games etc. I download a Gamepass game about once a week. Overall the usage has been around 150-350gb only.

Since being on this plan I have never had any issues with throttling or such.

Edit: Also 0 issues with online gaming.
    Last edited by williegawie; January 16th, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

Fillet mignon
    Game IDs
    Experience

We were on their home package of 4 down 1 up and decided to upgrade to the premium of 4 down and 1 up. It made a slight difference only in the online gaming... however we only realized a major difference when we upgraded to a 20 down and 20 up premium.

Game IDs
    Experience

Im on the 100mb DL and 50mb UL, Capped account 400gb. I dont justify the uncapped as I never get 400Gb anyway. Got the CP, Xb and PS4 setup. We watch netflix as well and since it is capped dont have any throttle issues.

I believe sometime ago with Afrihost + you could decide between double data or priority unshaped speeds. I am on the 200+200gb package. Paying R1070 pm.