Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: getting fibre..... need an ISP

Fillet mignon
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStarZA View Post
    Afrihost is trash and their service is mediocre.

4 companies I will never give my hard earned cash to again: Telkom, Afrihost, Mweb and Axxess (because of their link to Afrihost). People who are okay with handing over money to Gian are obviously late-adopters and didn't live through the MTN cockup.
    This must be as per customer personal experience?

I have been on telkom, mweb, axxess, web africa and afrihost in that chronological order and to date afrihost (touch wood) has been good thus far :/

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tiano View Post
    This must be as per customer personal experience?

I have been on telkom, mweb, axxess, web africa and afrihost in that chronological order and to date afrihost (touch wood) has been good thus far :/
    Absolutly true regarding personal experience. Like I say, people who didn't live through the MTN years won't know just how shady Gian and Afrihost are. Imagine making a business decision to benefit your back pocket, then telling your customers everything is fine while they all complain about service degradation. I started on a solid 10meg connection, by the time i left i was lucky if my line ran at 6meg. Their customer service became atrocious with a tidalwave of unhappy customers. Their response was "your exchange is congested, this is a telkom issue". Once they realised they were haemorrhaging clients and started slipping in the all-mighty MyBB ratings they bought back their business from MTN, even though "MTN wasn't the problem". THEN proceeded emotional emails form Gian about how much they've learned. Even unsubscribing from all communications from Afrihost didn't stop Gian.

Shady, shady, shady! Make a poor business decision, blame Telkom, then blame customers, then beg them to forgive you when you have to admit they were right all along.

Anyway, I'm glad Afrihost works for you Cool Ideas is hands down the best ISP I have ever been on but apparently they are starting to falter now with increased user base.
    ★★★★★
    Gamertag: FiveStar ZA

3. Saying Thanks:

GAZZA (February 4th, 2019),  kamild (February 5th, 2019),  Tiano (February 4th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

We have a a lot of different ISP's in our complex and on the complex group the people who ask the most if the fibre is down or slow are the one's at Afrihost and Mweb followed by Cool Ideas but only recently this started early December-ish.

The Vox and wiru-link people are the only one's who have never complained.

I'm the only one with Web Africa and support is well useless that is for sure but only needed support when they installed my fibre and the morons at webafrica forgot to activate my account, once it was on not had a single days problem or needed their incompetent support staff.

I'm pulling noob numbers only doing around 400gb a month.

We mostly stream don't download much other than odd game or two.
    DSTVNow, Showmax are fine, both stream via Smart TV apps and Xbox one no buffering, showmax just takes a while to get the stream to be all HD like but once its like that it's fine, that is a showmax problem.
    Netflix 4K is also working perfectly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123