Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Advice on TV upgrade

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Same way I will never ever buy a Ford again.
    Can't speak to your personal experience with the brand. But when it comes to others having failures and commenting on the forum then you should take into account the statistical element of: when something becomes more widespread and popular then the overall rate of failure across the brand board is naturally gonna increase a bit and you'll likely hear more about that. Samsungs are really popular in SA. You'll need full statistics to be able to tell if they really are at a higher risk of failure in comparison to other brands I guess

2. Saying Thanks:

SarChasm (February 6th, 2019)  

Experience

@onelargeprawn also had a TV fail on him as I recall and there have been a few others around these parts too.
    Yea, had multiple issues with the UA48 model. My KS8000 barely lasted 3 months before it started having issues. Maybe I got lucky the third time but the KS9500 I have now has been trouble-free. Or maybe I'm getting too old to care about small imperfections.

4. Saying Thanks:

SarChasm (February 6th, 2019),  SauRoN (February 5th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

The best budget TV in your range that you are going to be gaming with that is available here would be the Samsung NU7100 range (LCD, 4k, HDR, 40-75 inches, 14ms input lag)

PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

SarChasm (February 6th, 2019),  SPR1NGBOKKE (February 6th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Complete and utter bull****.

My stuff gets looked after with the utmost of care and yet it has all failed either partially or completely just outside of warranty.

@onelargeprawn also had a TV fail on him as I recall and there have been a few others around these parts too.

If it was a single TV or a single product category even I would have said sure it's a once off dud but I've simply had too many things across different product categories fail to trust them as a brand any longer.

Then there is the other problem where it might not be an outright failure, but just a problem of quality control from the very first day of ownership as someone mentioned here with their own TV and then you either need to have it swopped or Samsung gives you the finger and says that's acceptable to them.

And sure it may even have changed with their latest range of products but it's simply not a risk I will take.

Same way I will never ever buy a Ford again.

And the same reason I keep buying Apple products because they've never failed me.

In fact the washing machine I fixed myself and for once it's a case where I absolutely believe it was planned obsolescence and designed to fail because I actually took it apart myself and it was no surprise it did looking at the materials used and the general design.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck man.. However, this doesn't reflect the attitude of the majority of other people who use Samsung's products. The general consensus is that Samsung is an industry leader and its products are top notch in terms of quality/specs. That's why I made my previous post, looked to me like just anecdotal evidence from a single person
    Hidden Content

That's just like, your opinion, man.

8. Saying Thanks:

SarChasm (February 6th, 2019),  SauRoN (February 5th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Can't speak to your personal experience with the brand. But when it comes to others having failures and commenting on the forum then you should take into account the statistical element of: when something becomes more widespread and popular then the overall rate of failure across the brand board is naturally gonna increase a bit and you'll likely hear more about that. Samsungs are really popular in SA. You'll need full statistics to be able to tell if they really are at a higher risk of failure in comparison to other brands I guess
    It's not just about failure, **** happens so that is understandable especially if it's a once off.

However it's how that failure is handled that makes the difference and this is where Samsung also misses the boat unfortunately.

And that is the reason I also won't deal with Ford ever again because outside of the multiple failures and issues with a single car it's the way that it was handled that will never make me look to them again regardless of how awesome a car they may launch in the future.

At least not in SA anyway.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

10. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (February 5th, 2019),  SarChasm (February 6th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Spagett View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck man.. However, this doesn't reflect the attitude of the majority of other people who use Samsung's products. The general consensus is that Samsung is an industry leader and its products are top notch in terms of quality/specs. That's why I made my previous post, looked to me like just anecdotal evidence from a single person
    Oh it's absolutely anecdotal either through direct experience or by proxy.

However, it's worth highlighting and just a personal point of opinion that I'll avoid their products wherever possible.

I made the mistake of replacing the microwave that died with another Samsung for a lack of other options and guess what...the LCD display has started failing so that one of the numbers doesn't populate properly.

Not even worth the hassle to have warranty claimed but it's just a nail in the coffin for me regarding the brand.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

12. Saying Thanks:

SarChasm (February 6th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

14. Saying Thanks:

rayyan1881 (February 10th, 2019)  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345