Thread: Skyfi fibre 100/100

Experience

Default Skyfi fibre 100/100

So pretty new to the fibre thing but here's my thing -

Had a 10/2MB ADSL line before hand with the occasional buffering during streaming etc.
    Bearing in mind the kids were online with that Fortnight crap as well.

Now reason I moved over was due to the massive updates on the ps4 platform.
    The time it took to download 60G was about 12hours or so "I think" - Memory shot.

So upgraded to Skyfi Fibre 100/100.

First of all the modem is a Mikrotik "lite" with atrocious wifi coverage compared to my old Netgear unit.
    Secondly, I still believe my downloads are slow on the 100MB Fibre - Although over wifi.

Speed tests often UP AND DOWN and not too happy considering my updates still take long

How long should it take to download 10G realistically on the 100MB fibre over wifi on a "good" wifi connection?
    Also got a range extender which is not all that .........

Not an internet fundi so please bear with me here..........

Experience

Turn off whatever piece of **** wifi is built into the modem and get a proper wireless access point with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Connect your streaming and most important gaming devices to the 5Ghz signal. Let everything else use the 2.4Ghz band.

I download about 25GB an hour so 10GB should take about 20minutes. Bare in mind it's steam. PSN/XBL download like **** so say maybe 10-15GB an hour ...if you are lucky.

As far as what happens when everyone shares a 100mbps connection ...I could stream, download and host an online game with better results than local servers.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Noted, thanks bud