Poll: Do you want to Immigrate

Page 1 of 70 123452151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Emmigration Thread

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

Default The Emmigration Thread

So like many of you, the topic of immigration has been a constant in my household for the last few years.
    At times we have been close and then decided against it, but once again we find ourselves very close to pulling the trigger.

It's a scary prospect, we have built a good life here in SA and I know the standard of living where ever we go, will not be as good for many years, it's a lot to give up, but for the sake of my kids, it's probably what we need to do.

Likewise, there is not much point in building a life here, when in 5-10 years we could be another Zimbabwe.

At the moment Canada is our preferred destination, mainly because it would be the easiest for us to achieve, but we are open to other places.

I would like this thread to serve as a place for people looking to leave to share information, but also for the many of you who have already left to share your experiences.

This thread is not the place to debate politics or lay accusations for people wanting a better life.
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

2. Saying Thanks:

$eR8Ed (March 1st, 2019),  cowbrains (March 1st, 2019),  Fid (March 1st, 2019),  G4rf13lt ZA (March 1st, 2019),  JoE (March 2nd, 2019),  JoeMoer (March 1st, 2019),  JohannS (March 1st, 2019),  MarioAna (March 1st, 2019),  Se7en (March 1st, 2019),  shibobo (March 2nd, 2019),  SLYGUY (March 1st, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (March 1st, 2019),  WarGod ZA (March 1st, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

Not being pedantic, but shouldn't title be spelt as 'emigration'?

I'm keen to hear an expat's thoughts on New Zealand, if anyone on the forum has already moved there.

4. Saying Thanks:

DaseinZA (January 30th, 2020)  

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Have you thought about going over for a holiday first to see if you will like the place, or do you feel you know enough to know that it would be a good destination for your family.

Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

We started the process late last year already to move to UK, looking to be gone by end of 2019.

Today we sent a query through to Breytenbachs Immigration Consultants. We want to have a consultation to get some answers to questions we have, and also get some advice. Not sure if we will use them to handle the entire process of wife's spousal visa, want to see what they have to say first.

7. Saying Thanks:

Se7en (March 1st, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Have you thought about going over for a holiday first to see if you will like the place, or do you feel you know enough to know that it would be a good destination for your family.
    We will definitely take a holiday to the country first and travel to a few different cities etc, but yea its another cost.
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

Game IDs
    Experience

Looking at Oz, maybe NZ if Oz is not possible. I have a legal qualification so the process to convert my degree is expensive, complicated and takes time. I have started to gather the required documents and intend to have my degree assessed in the next month or two. We are looking to leave for Oz middle 2021.

10. Saying Thanks:

abev (March 1st, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Not being pedantic, but shouldn't title be spelt as 'emigration'?

I'm keen to hear an expat's thoughts on New Zealand, if anyone on the forum has already moved there.
    I have 3 fairly close friends that all emigrated to NZ, Auckland, in the past 4 years. All of them says they are happy. One friend said it is the best decision they ever made. Brother-in-law busy consulting with an emigration agent about NZ.

12. Saying Thanks:

abev (March 1st, 2019),  nykfist (March 1st, 2019)  

Oupa
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

Some days yes, some no. Depends. I am an engineer so degree wise I could get in, plus got plenty exp.

But can't really say where to. UK is ****ed, Aus is racist as hell.

Might move to Ethiopia.

14. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (March 1st, 2019),  bokka1 (March 1st, 2019),  Boquito17 (March 1st, 2019),  cowbrains (March 1st, 2019),  nykfist (March 1st, 2019),  Row-_S (March 1st, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    Unbowed Unbent Unbroken
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Looking at Oz, maybe NZ if Oz is not possible. I have a legal qualification so the process to convert my degree is expensive, complicated and takes time. I have started to gather the required documents and intend to have my degree assessed in the next month or two. We are looking to leave for Oz middle 2021.
    I also have a legal qualification (Masters) and I am looking to move, but I am not keen on working in the legal industry here in ZA or elsewhere so I am going back to study something else before looking to leave ZA in the future.

Why is the degree conversion process complicated?

Experience

The worst part of looking to live in another country is not a better life in terms of what can be afforded but rather how stable the other country is, what can it provide in terms of feeling safe and secure and ultimately what future can it provide for your children.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

17. Saying Thanks:

$eR8Ed (March 1st, 2019),  abev (March 1st, 2019),  Neptune (March 1st, 2019),  ToothyColt3598 (March 1st, 2019)  

Page 1 of 70 123452151 ... LastLast