Poll: Do you want to Immigrate

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 52122232425

Thread: The Emmigration Thread

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nucleous View Post
    Congrats to those going to Canada, I've just recently started reading on what is required to start the PR application, just want to confirm as the wife and I are in disagreement, we need our unabridged birth certificates as adults as well for the application right?
    I just want to know so I can attend to this application with our unabridged marriage certificate.

Then to apply for IELTS and getting all the degree documents ready for WES. Once I have the WES documents back I can apply to start application for the bridging course to get CPA accreditation.

My sister and her husband and kids just got their invitation they have been living in Oakville, Ontario for a year now, he got a job internally through his company even helped pay for the move. Lucky SOB.

Also looking at NZ on the side have family there as well who will help me and might even possibly help me with a job quickly if the proverbial crap hits the fan earlier than expected and need to go quickly.
    So to answer your questions:
    - You will need your unabridged certificates once you get an invite (not necessary when you submit your profile, but rather have it ready because I've seen people wait for these for over a year). Go and apply for the certificates and make sure you keep all your receipts, after their deadline of 8 weeks or so and you haven't received it, phone them and complain and take down the persons name. Wait another week and phone the presidential helpline if you've had no luck receiving it, apparently that helpline works wonders.
    - Do the same as above for your police clearance, but take into account that a PC is only valid for 6 months, so depending on where you'll end up in the CRS pool you might go through this more than once.
    - CPA accreditation will depend on which province you go to. From what I've read in most provinces you will only need to do a tax module and pay registration fees, former boss just did his for BC. I'm assuming you are a CA (SA)? Make sure all your WES documents is submitted exactly as they request because there is currently quite a backlog and you don't want to fall back into the line.
    - IELTS is a motherfuc$er so make sure you spend about 70% of your prep time on writing (and yes, it doesn't matter whether you think you can write in English, IELTS will disagree, sign up for classes or a Udemy short course specifically for writing. I've seen people spend in excess of R20K on IELTS)
    - Apparently Oakville is amazing, going to visit the area in September and then we might also end up there.

Good luck

2. Saying Thanks:

Neptune (June 10th, 2019),  nucleous (June 7th, 2019),  WarGod ZA (June 7th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

@nucleous @JoeMoer

I think you need your original or reprinted birth certificates only when you apply for full citizenship, for PR it's not yet required, as long as you have a passport you're good.

You will require an officially printed Wedding certificate which you can get from home affairs.

Please for the love of GOD people, don't LAMINATE any official government documents EVER, for some reason I've seen some people get caught out because they've laminated their docs, like WHY? anyway, don't be a moron, be lekker.

Good LUCK!

4. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (June 7th, 2019),  JoeMoer (June 7th, 2019),  millennia (June 7th, 2019),  nucleous (June 10th, 2019),  Uberutang (June 9th, 2019)  

EX-Console Peasant
    Game IDs
    Experience

My Canadian study visa application mentioned that id need to attach a police clearance certificate. Ive applied for one, i got sms on 23rd may saying is in process, then on 10th i got a sms saying it has been finalised. What is the next step? (The only document im waiting right now)
    I5-6500 | CM212X | MSI Z170 | 8GB Ram | MSI 1080TI Sea Hawk | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD | Antec TP-750c | Phantek P400s

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer-noob-404 View Post
    My Canadian study visa application mentioned that id need to attach a police clearance certificate. Ive applied for one, i got sms on 23rd may saying is in process, then on 10th i got a sms saying it has been finalised. What is the next step? (The only document im waiting right now)
    You should be able to go collect it from the station you applied at.

7. Saying Thanks:

Gamer-noob-404 (June 14th, 2019)  

EX-Console Peasant
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    You should be able to go collect it from the station you applied at.
    Thanks collected my PCC yesterday. Went to the Edenvale one and it only took 20 days.

for the people planning togo to Canada, heres a forum that you can find a lot of informations https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-im...cussion-board/
    I5-6500 | CM212X | MSI Z170 | 8GB Ram | MSI 1080TI Sea Hawk | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD | Antec TP-750c | Phantek P400s

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 52122232425