Poll: Do you want to Immigrate

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920

Thread: The Emmigration Thread

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    IELTS

International English Language Testing System.

You need to pass at a certain level, you need to do the General test - NOT academic.

Costs a couple of grand and it affects the number of points if you go the Express Entry route.

But SA is as corrupt as ever, I got 9's in all of the sections except writing - got a 6.5, basically impossible to fall into an 8/9 CBC level (points awarded is pretty damn high) and I had to pay for a remark and pray and got back a 7 that bumped me to CBC 8 and I left it there as we still qualified with it, but I know there is literally no way I scored a 7 in that test.

There are quite a few people on the FB groups also bitching about it but your hands are literally tied in SA. The british council in the UK absolutely absolves themselves of any operations issues in any other country and you HAVE to deal with the SA people, super frustrating.

Are you interested in moving to CA?

I think @JoeMoer is on the same EE path as we are, may be wrong here, but I also advised him of FB groups that have helped us as there are quite a few questions we had and you can search in the group and get most answers.

The EE profile is very easy to do by yourself so I would advice not to use an immigration agency.

Cheers
    Just be aware that on the IELTS test it's very dependent on what you are going for that determines what you need.

I HAD to do the Academic. And it wasn't easy. But I didn't need extra points so I just needed 7s for everything. Some people will need the extra points so will have to get 8s or more.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Just be aware that on the IELTS test it's very dependent on what you are going for that determines what you need.

I HAD to do the Academic. And it wasn't easy. But I didn't need extra points so I just needed 7s for everything. Some people will need the extra points so will have to get 8s or more.
    For Canada EE you write General and pretty much need a minimum of 7 for writing and max for the rest otherwise it is highly unlikely to get enough points.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920