Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Elections 2019

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Well that just proves that there was a crisis if the farmers contributed to the dam level.
    The farmers are actually the biggest culprits of our crisis as they pay too little for their usage ......

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The farmers are actually the biggest culprits of our crisis as they pay too little for their usage ......
    I'm not sure how it works but don't they have their own dams that THEY manage? It has nothing to do with government.

If not, well then without farmers there will be no food. The more you charge for water the more you will pay for food.

I used to live on a farm and we and the other farmers didn't pay for water as we use no government infrastructure. We had a dam and borehole from which we got our water.

Unless you are saying that we shouldn't allowed to use rain water that comes off our roofs?
    Or fill our pool up with rain water?
    Should we start paying for water used from a borehole?

What exactly are you saying?
    Last edited by Stu; March 19th, 2019 at 04:37 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

On point 2 the city has bypassed all the right procedures and our association is now in consultation with legal people to handle the case

Much like the Bokaap and Constantia cases where the city bulldozers ahead with their plans

Sauron I know where you stay wait until they force low cost housing on all those open fields you currently enjoy then we talk ......
    Many of those open fields you speak of are becoming industrial complexes already mate, so that boat has sailed ages ago.

Can't claim I ever really "enjoyed" them to begin with so not much of a loss to me.

Sometimes one has to also consider that maybe the city's plans is for the greater good of the many and only to the detriment of the few.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

On point 1 so now that we are all paying higher charges and additional municipal charges for water all of the sudden day 0 has vanished

Amazing hey ....dont be blinded they pulled off the biggest heist

How to con a city ..... and it looks like eskom is about to follow the same pattern
    Everyone knows Day Zero was a fear mongering tactic, anyone with half a brain anyway.

However, it doesn't mean the crisis wasn't real and you have to remember that the same people who vote for the ANC need these kinds of tactics against them to keep everything in moderate order.

Can you honestly say there was really a better way to get results? Bear in mind that if people didn't play ball it most certainly would have been a crisis.

Also unlike most things they have actually reduced pricing again somewhat, so you can't really say it's all profiteering.

As for the desalination plants being on hold...why should we pay for something that isn't neccessary at present? If anything then there should have been an outrage for someone scoring on unnecessary expenditure.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

5. Saying Thanks:

Viking (March 19th, 2019)  

Experience

I'm not sure how it works but don't they have their own dams that THEY manage? It has nothing to do with government.

If not, well then without farmers there will be no food. The more you charge for water the more you will pay for food.

I used to live on a farm and we and the other farmers didn't pay for water as we use no government infrastructure. We had a dam and borehole from which we got our water.

Unless you are saying that we shouldn't allowed to use rain water that comes off our roofs?
    Or fill our pool up with rain water?
    Should we start paying for water used from a borehole?

What exactly are you saying?
    Just saying we the residents of cape town were conned into paying more for water ....that's all

Wait I got 3 hours to game before loadshedding chat again

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Just saying we the residents of cape town were conned into paying more for water ....that's all

Wait I got 3 hours to game before loadshedding chat again
    Yeah I went off at 12 and am off again at 8. Looks like we are going to have to get used to it. Just please don't let it get worse, but I fear:

8. Saying Thanks:

Viking (March 19th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah I went off at 12 and am off again at 8. Looks like we are going to have to get used to it. Just please don't let it get worse, but I fear:

Sigh....had a meeting with local munic "employees" who used that statement today, when they didn't get their way. What makes it worse they said it to the Numsa Rep.
    Last edited by xdav666; March 19th, 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    You know you about to fight the main Boss when the red dragon you fighting turn's & Say's **** this i'm outa here.

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

These have popped up around Nelson Mandela Bay today... Take a closer look and shake your head when you see it. We all know expecting more from the ANC was simply asking for too much.

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    "Togher" is a new buzz word, dude. It means: "When you do something together, and you get tougher while doing it".

The ANC's electioneering team made it up. It legit.

12. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (April 15th, 2019),  Viking (April 15th, 2019)  

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678