Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamecube collecting

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZA View Post
    As I recall, Makro and a few other retailers burnt themselves with the Gamecube. I got it at discount (under 1k) at about 2003/4?
    Those days the PS2 was riding high here. Boosted from the success of the PS1, Ster Kinekor and Sony launched the PS2 here and the little ol' purple lunchbox was never going to have much of a chance.
    I actually dont remember seeing it in stores at all but it felt like every single person i knew had a ps2.

hmmm maybe i should start with 3ds then - might be easier to get a good second hand library and console

Experience

I got my GameCube when I was really young. I still managed to keep it up until now, in a good condition. Getting those old, quality, Nintendo GameCube exclusives come at a high cost as I'm trying to find them now. GAZZAs response is the perfect alternative

Game IDs
    Experience

I remember Toys R Us in Canal walk had a gamecube demo playstand back in the day.

It had super smash bros melee playing. I remember this clearly because young me was amazed with seeing pickachu in a fighting game... was blown away by the graphics and how buttery smooth it looked with the frantic gameplay.

Ahhh everything was so new and mindblowing back then... Now I'm jaded af...
    Hidden Content

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12