Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Joycon - Drift issue

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kavirz View Post
    Just got this response. Usual story from most companies in SA.
    "
    Any repairs don in South Africa - we need Proof of purchase.

With out proof of purchase we won't be able to assist with repairs, we will quote for repairs, we have not received any communication from Nintendo Europe that we need to do the repairs for free.

Best Regards,
    Core Group
    "
    Maybe bring it to Nintendo Europe's attention? See what they say

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by animehero View Post
    I reckon you guys should either buy replacement joycons or go the self repair route

I ordered 2x of these - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used one set in a basstop shell swap, they are pretty good replacements. Had it in for about 3 months with continuous play.
    I wont say daily,but almost every other day up to 4 hours sometimes playing some Skyrim on the go (4hrs charging in between sessions)
    Yeah, I am going down the self repair route. Ordered replacement kit for the joycon analogue. Should arrive by tomorrow (ended up getting 2 repair kits). Worked out around R200 a pair with the screw drivers, etc. Not a bad price and repair seems very simple. A few screws out, remove ribbon for analogue, and then put replacement.

Experience

This is a brilliant idea. I emailed them. Lets see if they respond. If not, time to go to Twitter and see what they say.

Will probably end up just replacing it myself but if Nintendo will replace them and should replace them for free, then I would rather have that.

Very Senior Member PlayingItCool94's Avatar
    Experience

They don't use their Twitter anymore so that would be a waste of time

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingItCool94 View Post
    They don't use their Twitter anymore so that would be a waste of time
    Eish. I see their accounts but doubt they will respond to the question. Guess I am just gonna repair it myself...

Very Senior Member PlayingItCool94's Avatar
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kavirz View Post
    Eish. I see their accounts but doubt they will respond to the question. Guess I am just gonna repair it myself...
    There accounts haven't been active since May 2018, if you want to ask do it on Facebook in which they post more often

There is a dude on Carbonite who repairs joycon pairs for R400 including the replacement parts, contact him

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?th...ollers.244314/

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingItCool94 View Post
    There accounts haven't been active since May 2018, if you want to ask do it on Facebook in which they post more often

There is a dude on Carbonite who repairs joycon pairs for R400 including the replacement parts, contact him

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?th...ollers.244314/
    I am on Carb and spotted it. Got replacement ones coming in from overseas that will arrive tomorrow to me. And it was cheaper then his price. The thing is that it is better to get original ones then fitting aftermarket replacement parts. Mainly since they supposed to replace it for free as it is a factory fault.

Experience

Replaced the Joy con analog yesterday. Hard to fit it in the tight space. First one fitted was not reading correctly and stuck to one side when testing it. Replaced it with the other one and it was sharp. Probably didn't have the ribbon in correctly. What is weird is that the other controller one screw refused to come out. So only replaced the one.

Also, you get two types on analog replacements. One with a blue ribbon (original was blue that I confirmed after removing it) and one with a green ribbon(my replacement ones were green). No real info online about the differences but can feel the new ones are a lot softer when moving it. Had to calibrate it but now it is 100% perfect.

Will try replace the other one when I have a chance. If anybody knows what the difference in ribbon color means, please let me know.
    Last edited by Kavirz; Yesterday at 09:18 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345