Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japan for a holiday?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    Depends on what you want out of the trip, and how long your flight tolerance is. Japan is easily one of the longest flights you will ever endure, but the scenery, culture, history, and overall experience is unlike anything.

The only reason guys suggest Thailand is mostly because it's cheap, and the ladies love foreigners (some may not be ladies...)

Amsterdam is just overrated in my opinion, so I would say stick with Japan if you can survive the flight duration. Dubai is a great experience, and the flight is relatively quick, and Abu Dhabi has Ferrari world, which is amazing.

Remaining places on my bucket list would be Sweden, Croatia, Scotland, Fiji, and Florida
    Seems like Japan wins...and we're also anime lovers so that's a huge bonus (Actually the main reason I suggested Japan). But of course the culture and scenery should be epic. Although Sweden does not seem like a bad idea at all...will see what the guys think about that

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppableErasor View Post
    Probably too many South-Africans in Thailand
    LOL truer words have never been spoken

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    I would second giving Amsterdam a miss. It's a nice place, but for your first trip you're likely just going to find yourself hanging about the city centre which is very tourist trappy and full of bachelor party types.

I haven't been to Thailand but my wife's been a few times, she's not a fan but has never done it as a holiday. It is the go to destination for a lot of Europeans looking for a budget vacation, so value is likely high.

I'm keen to go to Japan, gave it a miss when I had the opportunity to tag along with my wife on a business trip and regret it, though I suppose at the time I didn't know anyone in Tokyo, which makes a difference. My wife loves Japan and we'll probably visit next year - that's the one I'd go for. I would imagine it'd be quite a bit more expensive than Thailand though.

Personally I think Dubai is awful, but some people like it. If you like malls, you may too.
    Did not expect so many nays for Amsterdam. Hanging about the city centre is definitely not a plan. It's a shame you had to miss the Japan trip, but why do you say it makes a difference to know people in Tokyo?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by llLuffyll View Post
    Did not expect so many nays for Amsterdam. Hanging about the city centre is definitely not a plan. It's a shame you had to miss the Japan trip, but why do you say it makes a difference to know people in Tokyo?
    I was talking about my particular case rather than generally. My wife travelled there on business, working in the day and attending business dinners at night, leaving me on my ace to explore. Having people I know there would have meant I'd have company on at least some of those days.

We plan to go together as a holiday the next time though.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by krYtHan View Post
    Tokyo next year, when they are hosting the Olympics? *Shudders*

Itís going to be crazy expensive. Go to other cities.
    I wanted to go this year but realised it was the Rugby World Cup during the time I want to go so I decided against it. Will try to go in 2021.

Amsterdam is a bit overrated, two days at most is enough.

For a crazy mofo party go to Oktoberfest in Munchen. Combine it with a Prague, Bratislava and Budapest trip.

Thailand stays a great place to travel, it is not as cheap as in the past but it is still very affordable.

Bali is overrated.

India is one of the best places I have traveled to.

This year we are going to Italy for 2.5 weeks but I have no idea where to go to. Landing in Milan and flying out of Rome.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

krYtHan (May 16th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I wanted to go this year but realised it was the Rugby World Cup during the time I want to go so I decided against it. Will try to go in 2021.

Amsterdam is a bit overrated, two days at most is enough.

For a crazy mofo party go to Oktoberfest in Munchen. Combine it with a Prague, Bratislava and Budapest trip.

Thailand stays a great place to travel, it is not as cheap as in the past but it is still very affordable.

Bali is overrated.

India is one of the best places I have traveled to.

This year we are going to Italy for 2.5 weeks but I have no idea where to go to. Landing in Milan and flying out of Rome.
    Milan and Rome are awesome cities, my wife and I enjoyed both thoroughly - both are easily walkable.

8. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (May 16th, 2019)  

Experience

My sister in law and her husband are planning to move to Scotland in the next few months. Probably a good choice as their kids will also probably have a better life over there.

Which means my plan to visit Japan will have to wait.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123