View Poll Results: When Can You Make It?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Friday April 26th

1 25.00%
  • Saturday April 27th

4 100.00%
  • Monday April 29th

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday April 30th

2 50.00%
  • Friday May 3rd

3 75.00%
  • Saturday May 4th

3 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 223839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: D&D New Players Sign-up!!!

Very Senior Member
    ďAdventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.Ē
    Game IDs
    Experience

Lol, I recall someone not even trying to assist his companion when they fell. Just pounced on belongings

Barne will probably have some crisis of conscience due to the Necromantic events there.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

2. Saying Thanks:

unstoppableErasor (July 10th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    ďAdventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.Ē
    Game IDs
    Experience

Probably not the best write up, but it will serve as a bit of an update as well as a reminder of where we were:

Having successfully defeated the summoned demon, a Barbed Devil, the Ranger and Druid exited the underground chamber where the skirmish occurred. They were in pursuit of one of the summoner’s that escaped during the fight. It is unfortunate however, that Shoshanna felt a bit in over her head, due to the recent developments, and thus departed the company leaving Barne the druid halfling to return to their employer, with news of what occurred.

The clickity-clack of wagon wheels echoed through the town. As Barne found himself in the centre of the town, a wagon, driven by an eerily cheerful Gnome named Wren, entered. The gnome yelled for assistance, help for the passengers in the bed of his wagon. Villagers gathered around, including the innkeeper and apparent de facto leader of the town, Marius. The passengers in question, were Umber & Luhorn, a human fighter and half-elf wizard respectively. Somewhat worse for wear, due to their ordeal with the stags, the two were soon up on their feet with some assistance. Barne related all he could to Marius, who eventually offered him as well as the two newcomers to town a room at the inn to recover.

A night’s rest later, the three made their way to the common room of the inn, where they were met with Marius once more. After some discussion, the identity of the remaining “cultist” was obtained from him. She, a town healer, had come to Marius whilst all the villagers were gathered by the wagon, heavily distressed after the death of her two companions at the hands of their summoned devil. After some consultation, and persuasion on Marius’ part, Umber and Luhorn agreed to assist in unravelling the mystery around missing villagers, as a sort of repayment for the recovery time they were given.

First on the agenda, was to interrogate the surviving summoner. Per Marius, she would pass through the inn eventually. This left the three adventurers some time to idle away, time they spent by drinking the strongest drink the Inn had to offer. Unfortunately, only one of the trio appeared to have the gullet to stomach the strong drink, leaving Umber and Barne sputtering and clutching at the bar counter. Eventually their quarry made her way into the inn, although unnerved and worried, offering them a general guideline of how she found herself summoning a demon.

A stranger had offered her, and the two others, a scroll, one which would help them with the missing villagers that were on the rise. She, however, could not identify this person, and merely pointed them in the direction of where she had met the stranger. It was thus decided; they would go to the area and see if they could find any clues relating to the person. Luckily enough, the gnome Wren was still in town, and cheery as always, offered them a lift.

Once there, and some exploring later, the adventurers were ambushed by a set of thieves. Ill-equipped and misjudging their prey, the thieves quickly fell. They were no match for the new friends. Further exploration occurred and eventually ended in the discovery of a cave. They entered the cave which at first appeared eerily empty, only to trigger a trap, which saw the druid and fighter tumbling down a hole. Skeletons skittered out, and conflict occurred. A close match up, but the adventurers came out on top and proceeded further into the cave.
    At the rear of the cavern they found the entrance into an adjacent room. Umber entered, shield in hand, and once more they were thrown into the fray. Undead charged them, with a cackling magician egging the heroes further into the chamber. The undead dispatched, this is exactly what they did, triggering a set of statues, one on either end of the chamber to spew fire, blocking their advance. Quick thinking on Luhorn’s part, solved their predicament, leaving the magician, a necromancer, at their mercy. He did not go without a fight however, claiming Luhorn’s life, before an arrow sunk into his skull.

In the moments after Umber, investigated the necromancer’s (and “found” a dagger belonging to Luhorn), whilst Barne investigated a nearby desk, discovering a Scroll of Resurrection, among some other items. In a moment of desperation, the two dragged Luhorn towards a nearby magic circle, and although the Scroll seemed to have a somewhat dubious aura, proceeded to resurrect their companion. It worked, but elation soon devolved into horror, as Luhorn’s once healthy skin and muscle started to wither, leaving him a walking husk of his former self.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

4. Saying Thanks:

krYtHan (July 11th, 2019),  samrai.jck (July 12th, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (July 10th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post

In the moments after Umber, investigated the necromancer’s (and “found” a dagger belonging to Luhorn)
    Proof!!!!

Cant wait to get back to town and visit some shops and see if there is some goodies to buy. At some point I want to check to get a blacksmith to make/sell me Splint/Plate armor.

6. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 10th, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (July 10th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing
    Game IDs
    Experience
    Last edited by unstoppableErasor; July 11th, 2019 at 08:50 PM.
    The Mask: "Kiss me, my dear, and I will reveal my croissant. I will spread your pate. I will dip my ladle in your vichyssoise."

8. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 11th, 2019)  

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But Iím lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

@Cathal, thanks for the write up.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppableErasor View Post
    There is a whole list of them on Thingiverse (free 3d printable files) They even made strawberry bandits now.

11. Saying Thanks:

unstoppableErasor (July 11th, 2019)  

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Read your backgrounds. Some very nice stuff to work with. Iíll try and incorporate the information into future quest lines.

13. Saying Thanks:

PaPaBeeR (July 11th, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (July 11th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

15. Saying Thanks:

unstoppableErasor (July 11th, 2019)  

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Guys, I absolutely hate to do this so last minute but I need to take a rain check. Kids are sick again and have to go to the in-laws today. Taking my laptop but wonít be able to do any talking.

I could do Saturday night or Sunday if you guys have time. If not, then letís find another day that suits everyone.

Sorry about this.

17. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 12th, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (July 12th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by krYtHan View Post
    Guys, I absolutely hate to do this so last minute but I need to take a rain check. Kids are sick again and have to go to the in-laws today. Taking my laptop but won’t be able to do any talking.

I could do Saturday night or Sunday if you guys have time. If not, then let’s find another day that suits everyone.

Sorry about this.
    Hey, sorry to hear about the kids man. I can do Saturday if the rest are keen, otherwise we arrange another day.

19. Saying Thanks:

krYtHan (July 12th, 2019)  

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 223839404142434445 LastLast