Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Vmu for dreamcast

  1. #1
    Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Snakepit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northriding
    Posts
    3,156
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default Vmu for dreamcast

    Howdy! Finally got my Dreamcast (yippee!!!), now I need a Vmu, anybody have one?
    Hidden Content



    [SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

  2. #2
    Senior Member williegawie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    306
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
    Howdy! Finally got my Dreamcast (yippee!!!), now I need a Vmu, anybody have one?
    I might have one for you. I just need to check where it is. Its not in great condition though, and will need a battery.

  3. #3
    Addicted Member
    “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
    TheSource's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, Durban
    Posts
    3,653
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
    Howdy! Finally got my Dreamcast (yippee!!!), now I need a Vmu, anybody have one?
    Only have this at the moment, its bigger than the standard vmu size - https://www.thegamingsource.co.za/pr...t-memory-unit/
    Seek and you shall find! Hidden Content

  4. #4
    Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Snakepit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northriding
    Posts
    3,156
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by williegawie View Post
    I might have one for you. I just need to check where it is. Its not in great condition though, and will need a battery.
    Great! Lemme know soonest please
    Hidden Content



    [SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Snakepit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northriding
    Posts
    3,156
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    Only have this at the moment, its bigger than the standard vmu size - https://www.thegamingsource.co.za/pr...t-memory-unit/
    Hi there


    When you say bigger, do you mean in storage size?
    Hidden Content



    [SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

  6. #6
    Addicted Member
    “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
    TheSource's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, Durban
    Posts
    3,653
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
    Hi there


    When you say bigger, do you mean in storage size?
    Yes the storage size is bigger. The standard DC VMU is 1Mb/ 200 blocks. This one has 8 pages and I believe its 4mb/ 800 blocks but can't remember exact size. I tested it a while ago and forgot to list it. Unfortunately I don't have a DC to double check at the moment
    Seek and you shall find! Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Snakepit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northriding
    Posts
    3,156
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    Yes the storage size is bigger. The standard DC VMU is 1Mb/ 200 blocks. This one has 8 pages and I believe its 4mb/ 800 blocks but can't remember exact size. I tested it a while ago and forgot to list it. Unfortunately I don't have a DC to double check at the moment
    Thanks, looks like I'm sorted
    Hidden Content



    [SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

  8. #8
    Addicted Member
    Bad teddy, BAD TEDDY!
    Snakepit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northriding
    Posts
    3,156
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Sorted, closing thread!
    Hidden Content



    [SIZE]If you close your eyes, your life, a naked truth revealed. Dreams you've never lived and scars never healed...In the darkness light will take you to the other side, find me waiting, you will see if you just close your eyes..."[/SIZE]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •