Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your side ventures

Very Senior Member PlayingItCool94's Avatar
    Experience

Default Tell me about your side ventures

Like the title says, if you don't have a side venture what have you considered

Experience

Subscribed ..... it's tough out there need a backup plan

Game IDs
    Experience

Subscribed so I can steal ideas and start my own business.

jk kidding
    send nudes

Experience

I'm starting to make hot sauces. I'm not looking to go full out business, just a bit of fundraising here and there... Growing my own chillies and everything!

5. Saying Thanks:

$eR8Ed (April 12th, 2019),  CAD_P (April 18th, 2019),  keenest (April 12th, 2019),  KenMasters (April 12th, 2019),  RockStarSA (April 14th, 2019),  SLYGUY (April 12th, 2019),  Vast_aire (April 12th, 2019),  Wyvern (April 12th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Serious answer: I've been weighing up my options lately.

On the one hand, I've got what I believe to be a solid idea for a potential side business, but it would require a lot of legwork (as do most startups). On the other hand, I'm in charge of the marketing division in my company and our long term vision is to break off from the company and start as our own separate entity. If I start something else now, then in a few years I might find myself with two babies, and I don't know how I'd cope with that stress.
    send nudes

Game IDs
    Experience

I do IT work on the side.

Oupa
    Oh, is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onem1nutenoodle View Post
    Serious answer: I've been weighing up my options lately.

On the one hand, I've got what I believe to be a solid idea for a potential side business, but it would require a lot of legwork (as do most startups). On the other hand, I'm in charge of the marketing division in my company and our long term vision is to break off from the company and start as our own separate entity. If I start something else now, then in a few years I might find myself with two babies, and I don't know how I'd cope with that stress.
    Drop a baby IF it becomes an issue.

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Not mine, but bought into a fast food franchise some time back, for the wife as she's at home with the kids while I handle things.

She ran the place for 2 years and Selling food in the right spot is very profitable. However due to her falling pregnant at the time (someone was to blame), she left a manager in charge, which in the retail industry is a mistake, we saw massive loses in the first month due to theft.

After 3 months (and some legal action) I basically gave the shop away, as it was more of a headache and the guys who took over went under in 6 months as they were never there.
    You know you about to fight the main Boss when the red dragon you fighting turn's & Say's **** this i'm outa here.

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

I am all about that hustle life!
    I always believe that the best investment you can make in life is in yourself.

Over the years I have had many that I have run while working a full time job.

First was DigitalCamo a website business that sold console skins, ran it for a few years and ultimately sold the company.
    The highlight was being feature on 5fm Business talk.

Then I started SA Gamer magazine (before this site was ever called SA Gamer) I only started it so that I could get free review games.
    I didnt make it to too many editions as it was ultimate a mammoth amount of work to be doing 95% on my own and I shut it down.
    But I ultimately got around 100 free games and a lot of merch out of it.
    The highlight was being featured on I think it was called "The Verge"? With Pippa Tshabalala.

At the moment I run a Logo design business:
    www.thatlogo.co.za

A 3D Visualisation Business:
    www.visuallab.co.za

And I always have my general design portfolio up, which brings me the odd job as well:
    www.thegiven.co.za
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

11. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (April 12th, 2019),  Coldcat (April 12th, 2019),  kishi-bab (April 12th, 2019),  SLYGUY (April 12th, 2019)  

Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

@abev

You rock dude

13. Saying Thanks:

abev (April 12th, 2019),  SLYGUY (April 12th, 2019)  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast