Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Wired.com - Exclusive: What to Expect From Sony's Next-Gen PlayStation

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Which included a second controller, camera and the game.
    No, one controller and no camera.
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    I love that I could upgrade to the X and with microsoft essentially giving free remasters to your software on it. So well supported and done. Hope they keep it up.
    It defeats the stigma of buying one console per generation, which is how it's always been in most cases. I owned one PS1, one PS2, one Xbox 360, and one PS3 Phat. Being a performance enthusiast, I will never be happy with not owning the best hardware, same with my PC setup, so this kinda forces me to sell my old console, and upgrade. I am all for upgrades in an existing console, such as new drives, and slim versions with bigger drives, but not a fan of more powerful/less powerful consoles in the same gen, unless they are both available at launch, and I can choose which one I want.

If they decide to launch a PS5, and a PS5 Pro out the gate, or an Xbox Two S and X at the same time, it gives people that want the best the option to buy it day one, where staggered releases just make it seem like they are trying to make more money out of their consumers by forcing people that want the fastest hardware to buy two consoles per generation.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    It defeats the stigma of buying one console per generation, which is how it's always been in most cases. I owned one PS1, one PS2, one Xbox 360, and one PS3 Phat. Being a performance enthusiast, I will never be happy with not owning the best hardware, same with my PC setup, so this kinda forces me to sell my old console, and upgrade. I am all for upgrades in an existing console, such as new drives, and slim versions with bigger drives, but not a fan of more powerful/less powerful consoles in the same gen, unless they are both available at launch, and I can choose which one I want.

If they decide to launch a PS5, and a PS5 Pro out the gate, or an Xbox Two S and X at the same time, it gives people that want the best the option to buy it day one, where staggered releases just make it seem like they are trying to make more money out of their consumers by forcing people that want the fastest hardware to buy two consoles per generation.
    You dont have to buy the other version

Also they in the business to make money

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    You dont have to buy the other version

Also they in the business to make money
    I will likely buy it, if it's a performance upgrade (GPU wise) since I want to get the most out of my gaming console and my games. I just don't think it's too much to ask to launch both versions simultaneously rather than staggered.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

I will likely buy it, if it's a performance upgrade (GPU wise) since I want to get the most out of my gaming console and my games. I just don't think it's too much to ask to launch both versions simultaneously rather than staggered.
    Having 2 different SKU's would immediately push up the production costs.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

Viking (Today)  

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    Having 2 different SKU's would immediately push up the production costs.
    Sure, by what, 5%? I'd rather pay 5% extra for my premium console on launch, than lose 40% of my resell value by the time the higher performance SKU launches two years later.

Experience

I'm for the mid cycle power up. Frankly if your mindset is one console per cycle then you can still do it. The fact is out of the gate the PS4 and Xbone both suffered in performance. That performance was mainly fixed during the mid cycle refresh. After all the idea was to create a console that was affordable to the masses. A few tweaks could have improved it but the cost would have boosted the system prices.

As for the other mention of a premium console out of the gate I am not apposed to it but the tech might not be available such in the case of the X or the price will be double of the base console.

I mentioned it before. The PS4 was a good compromise when it came to playing games at decent performance with decent detail over the costs involved in playing on PC. I feel the PS5 and NXbox will not be the end of the road but as far as detail in games are concerned we have been up against that wall for a while where the extra detail needs a lot more work.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I'm for the mid cycle power up. Frankly if your mindset is one console per cycle then you can still do it. The fact is out of the gate the PS4 and Xbone both suffered in performance. That performance was mainly fixed during the mid cycle refresh. After all the idea was to create a console that was affordable to the masses. A few tweaks could have improved it but the cost would have boosted the system prices.

As for the other mention of a premium console out of the gate I am not apposed to it but the tech might not be available such in the case of the X or the price will be double of the base console.

I mentioned it before. The PS4 was a good compromise when it came to playing games at decent performance with decent detail over the costs involved in playing on PC. I feel the PS5 and NXbox will not be the end of the road but as far as detail in games are concerned we have been up against that wall for a while where the extra detail needs a lot more work.
    The performance issues might have been due to this being the first console that had to incorporate HDR, and 4K resolution, which wasn't a requirement on the PS3. The fact that the launch consoles suffered under these options, and some even suffered under 1080P means that they did not properly plan for that generation.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567