Thread: Miniature Painting Thread

Very Senior Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Saw this and thought it was was a nice storage solution:

Also, that Amazon voucher, these are the terms for it:
    Terms & Conditions

Amazon customers in Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Republic of Korea, South Africa, Taiwan, and Thailand can enjoy $5 USD off the purchase price of eligible products with a minimum spend of $50 USD in a single transaction.

Offer valid from 12:00 AM PST on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 through 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, July 16, 2019.

This is a limited time offer and is only available for a predetermined number of orders. Once the maximum number of orders is reached, we may automatically terminate this promotion.

Offer only applies to orders with a minimum spend of $50.00 USD in a single transaction, shipped at the same speed to a single address in Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Republic of Korea, South Africa, Taiwan, or Thailand. Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining the minimum purchase amount.

Offer applies only to physical products offered for sale by Amazon.com and shipped and sold by Amazon Export Sales LLC through AmazonGlobal and, among other products, specifically excludes purchase of digital content, Kindle devices and accessories, and gift cards.

Offer is limited to one per customer and account who are located in and shipping their purchase to Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Republic of Korea, South Africa, Taiwan, or Thailand.

Offer may not be combined with other offers.

The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is one $5.00 USD discount.

Savings from the promotion discount will be reflected on the final checkout page on qualifying orders.

Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.

If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.

The offer is non-transferable, non–exchangeable, not redeemable for cash and may not be resold.

If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

Void where prohibited.

Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

2. Saying Thanks:

unstoppableErasor (July 16th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Saw this and thought it was was a nice storage solution:
    This guy offers the cutting plans if you want to make something like that. See bottom of page - https://www.bouldercreekrailroad.com/laser-cutting.html

4. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 16th, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (July 16th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    This guy offers the cutting plans if you want to make something like that. See bottom of page - https://www.bouldercreekrailroad.com/laser-cutting.html
    I really want a machine to cut these, purely to start doing inserts for Boardgames. Or boxes for cards.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    I really want a machine to cut these, purely to start doing inserts for Boardgames. Or boxes for cards.
    I don't know about Worcester but having things lasercut in Cape Town is not cheap. It's practically half the price in Joburg but then you'd have to deal with shipping.

I see laser cutting machines on Gumtree going for as little as R53,000. You should definitely get one!

7. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 16th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

I don't know about Worcester but having things lasercut in Cape Town is not cheap. It's practically half the price in Joburg but then you'd have to deal with shipping.

I see laser cutting machines on Gumtree going for as little as R53,000. You should definitely get one!
    Hahaha... As soon as your sponsorship funds come through I'll jump on it

9. Saying Thanks:

onelargeprawn (July 16th, 2019)  

Experience

Try PNA...I got mine very cheap from them.

The one I got included a space for a watercup and slots for my paintbrushes.

Game IDs
    Experience

Thanks and thanks to @Cathal for the pic. I need to go buy the board at builders, think it is like R38 or something for a big sheet. Then just to make the time to actually download and cut it :P first world problems I know, but this week has been 12hours at work each day, so not very keen to spend more time there to make sure i dont burn it down.

12. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 16th, 2019),  onelargeprawn (July 17th, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (July 16th, 2019)  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567