Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 42021222324

Thread: Miniature Painting Thread

Experience

It would be a cool idea to make custom board game figure sets for sale. The box would have assembled parts, instructions, paints for coloring, and stickers. If you know there is coloring in steps like paintingbynumbersshop.com, looks silly, but this is the first example I found. It's a very fascinating concept; fans would love to make their own versions of the characters. It's kind of like skins in MOBA games. Strangely, board game authors haven't thought of this business scheme yet. At least I haven't seen any examples of games with this scheme. Correct me if you have.
    Last edited by bertsevsin; September 20th, 2021 at 06:01 PM.

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

@PaPaBeeR has done it multiple times. I think quite a few in this thread have as well.

3. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (September 18th, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    I am not addicted to beer… It’s addicted to me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bertsevsin View Post
    Does anyone have experience creating figures from scratch, maybe with a 3D printer? I've seen custom figures being made, I'm very inspired by that.
    From scratch, as in modelling them too? We have a few forumites that print files from various sources, but don't think we have one that have made them themself.

Quote Originally Posted by krYtHan View Post
    @PaPaBeeR has done it multiple times. I think quite a few in this thread have as well.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Very Senior Member
    Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing
    Game IDs
    Experience

I would like to get into modeling miniatures but dont see me getting the time to learn that and be good with it any time soon.

Anyone with recent paint jobs?
    "Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket" - Douglas Horton

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

My games are now online so I haven't touched the paint in over a year (maybe even longer).

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    From scratch, as in modelling them too? We have a few forumites that print files from various sources, but don't think we have one that have made them themself.
    Not from scratch no. I have used Meshmixer to join parts together and change the stance of some miniatures to make them more unique, but that is about it.

There are websites you can buy the figures from to manipulate and create your own custom figures but it takes time and skill, which I dont have a lot of

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 42021222324