Thread: Samsung ES8000 Green/Blue Vertical Lines

Experience

Default Samsung ES8000 Green/Blue Vertical Lines

Hey all

So I have a: Samsung UA46ES8000RXXA

It's about 7 years old and about last week this 1 pixel sized vertical green line appeared on the side of the TV close to the bezel, didn't think much of it until a blue line appeared, then another and it is actually much worse than the attached image which was taken a few days ago. Turning the screens backlight up to the max can negate some of the green/blue lines but obviously that's not a solution. I found turning the TV source over to the TV input where it's bright and full of static for a few seconds helped lessen the impact of the blue lines, at least for a time. It appears on all inputs, regardless of source or HDMI cable.

Not to sure what I can do, can this even be fixed(assuming parts can even be sourced) or will I have to scrap the whole TV?

I have no idea what to replace it with even. Budget at the moment is extremely tight as I have other expenses and I had my PC connected for gaming. Only 1080p which I'm completely satisfied with.

Cheers

20190508_154955.jpg

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by spleenpoker View Post
    Hey all

So I have a: Samsung UA46ES8000RXXA

It's about 7 years old and about last week this 1 pixel sized vertical green line appeared on the side of the TV close to the bezel, didn't think much of it until a blue line appeared, then another and it is actually much worse than the attached image which was taken a few days ago. Turning the screens backlight up to the max can negate some of the green/blue lines but obviously that's not a solution. I found turning the TV source over to the TV input where it's bright and full of static for a few seconds helped lessen the impact of the blue lines, at least for a time. It appears on all inputs, regardless of source or HDMI cable.

Not to sure what I can do, can this even be fixed(assuming parts can even be sourced) or will I have to scrap the whole TV?

I have no idea what to replace it with even. Budget at the moment is extremely tight as I have other expenses and I had my PC connected for gaming. Only 1080p which I'm completely satisfied with.

Cheers

20190508_154955.jpg
    I feel your pain.. Happened to my Sony Bravia 5 years ago.. Ended up buying a Samsung because Sony screen replacement was too expensive.. Good luck!

Experience

They can't even source the parts because the TV is too old, so I have no choice it seems.

Does anyone know a cheap model that can do 1080p and has decent input latency?