Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Move from Cool Ideas to Afrihost

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by STORMERSFAN View Post
    Also with cool ideas but very tempted with the offer from afrihost..
    I saw that special that Afrihost are running. Up to 3 free months seems quite enticing, plus 5k over and above that to cover the router, line migration/activation, etc. Did you make the switch to them yet?

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZA View Post
    I saw that special that Afrihost are running. Up to 3 free months seems quite enticing, plus 5k over and above that to cover the router, line migration/activation, etc. Did you make the switch to them yet?
    Switching on the 1st to make most of the 3 months

3. Saying Thanks:

GAZZA (July 25th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by STORMERSFAN View Post
    Switching on the 1st to make most of the 3 months
    So for that 3-month period then I suppose it would make sense to take the highest line speed possible from them, seeing as those months are free. And then drop back down before the free period expires. One can do that?

Very Senior Member
    Experience

So for that 3-month period then I suppose it would make sense to take the highest line speed possible from them, seeing as those months are free. And then drop back down before the free period expires. One can do that?
    Yes u can

Experience

So for you guys that have requested the migration over to the Afrihost Pure Fibre promo, how is that coming along?
    I was thinking of pulling the trigger myself but my experience over the years with AH has not been great, so just waiting for an opinion from a few "test subjects" before I decide to change ISP's.

Experience

So for you guys that have requested the migration over to the Afrihost Pure Fibre promo, how is that coming along?
    I was thinking of pulling the trigger myself but my experience over the years with AH has not been great, so just waiting for an opinion from a few "test subjects" before I decide to change ISP's.
    I was an existing fibre client switched to pure fibre and now I got a credit note for this months installment

No complaints otherwise

8. Saying Thanks:

DaseinZA (August 13th, 2019),  GAZZA (August 2nd, 2019),  PsyChoPanthis (August 12th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I didn't have any issues moving from Cool Ideas to Afrihost. Had new login credentials in about a day after applying, line transfer went through 2 days after that and speed automatically adjusted from 100 to 200Mbps after 5 min of random downtime.

They have credited my account for 3 months, sent me a free router, covered any activation fees that may have been incurred and issued further credit for the R1499 cancellation fee from CISP.

So, I'm very happy with things. Doubling my speed for free and getting 3 free months of internet is awesome. The Afrihost network is performing slightly better than CISP did for me. I think for PE, routing via CT is better than Randburg. I just hope Afrihost can maintain the network, but they sound very committed.

10. Saying Thanks:

DaseinZA (August 13th, 2019),  GAZZA (August 2nd, 2019),  SamVImes (August 15th, 2019),  Viking (August 2nd, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

@Lord of the Pies, how did you go ahead with this? Did you contact Afrihost and they did everything or did you have to cancel with Cool Ideas and then apply at Afrihost?

I'm currently with Webafrica and I'm thinking of moving over to Afrihost since I'll be saving some $$$ monthly compared to Webafrica.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nucleous View Post
    @Lord of the Pies, how did you go ahead with this? Did you contact Afrihost and they did everything or did you have to cancel with Cool Ideas and then apply at Afrihost?

I'm currently with Webafrica and I'm thinking of moving over to Afrihost since I'll be saving some $$$ monthly compared to Webafrica.
    You have to deal with both ISPs.

I cancelled with Cool Ideas and got Paul Butschi, the CEO & co-founder, to personally authorise my final month being negated in exchange for a 'cancellation fee' of the same amount. He can be found on MyBroadband as PBCool. Please don't name drop me or anyone else - just present your request out of the blue if you ever decide to. Make sure it's a line migration and not a cancellation, and insist on the line being migrated immediately. They did for me after some persuasion. Openserve has no restrictions on when ISPs can release lines, so don't let them pull that excuse.

Simultaneously, I applied for a new Pure Fibre contract with Afrihost. There wasn't much to the whole process other than checking in with Afrihost's WhatsApp support a few times to keep an eye on things. Which was just as well as there were some hiccups with the free months credit, and who knows if they would have migrated as soon as possible without some gentle prodding. But thanks to keeping a close watch, nothing went wrong.

Once the final invoice from CISP came through on 1 Aug, which they forgot to format as a 'cancellation fee' and needed to resend, I forwarded the PDF to Afrihost and received credit for the full amount shortly thereafter. At no point in the entire process was there any downtime, and the 100Mbps line reprovisioned at 200Mbps over a weekend late at night so I assume it's an automatic process (if that applies to you).

13. Saying Thanks:

nucleous (August 15th, 2019)  

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

And here I am, still waiting for fibre

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast