Thread: Discovery Bank / Vitality

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Discovery Bank / Vitality

Hey everyone, I'm sure a bunch of you have the old Discovery credit card and are Vitality members.

They're now pushing to migrate everyone over to the new fully fledged Discovery Bank, or at least switch the credit card portion to their new platform.

Has anyone done the comparison in terms of features vs fees of the old Discovery platinum credit card versus the new batch of Black, Platinum and Gold Discovery Bank cards?

I don't want to switch and then find out that I'm paying a lot more per month for less. In theory, the Black (at almost double the monthly cost) is much better and worth it. Is that a fair comment?

Would appreciate a kind soul that has already done this research sharing... Thanks in advance.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Discovery Bank / Vitality

Iíve been waiting patiently on this but it seems an utter **** show with no clarity of exactly what they offer or how it works so Iíve mostly given up on the idea.

It doesnít seem a patch on the FNB and eBucks offerings at this point.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

3. Saying Thanks:

Vic54 (August 14th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Wow... nobody else has more?

In particular, my focus is on the comparison between the Discovery original credit card and associated benefits, versus the new Discovery Bank credit card and "Money" programme/benefits.

But yes, when the marketing is as vague and cryptic or complicated as this (like their insurance and investment policies), it is a bad sign that they're not doing anything in your best interests.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah itís really a piss poor state of affairs.

In my ebucks group one guy has switched and even as a customer he doesnít know what the **** is going on.
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

I'm also playing the waiting game to see how they are going to handle this credit card switch over, with how things currently stand I'm thinking of just canning this discovery bank business and going full on FNB with my credit card so can earn some ebucks at least.

This money vitality story also looks unappealing and you have a monthly fee as well with regards to it, you are already paying vitality why this extra charge? This is just going to push my current bank fees with them up. FNB seems like the better option to me.

For now I'll wait and see what these morons tell me when they switch me over. I've already moved my life insurance, household and car insurance as Santam gave me better premiums and cover to boot.

Very Senior Member
    The Silent Killers: Mimes, Cholesterol and NiN...
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    I’ve been waiting patiently on this but it seems an utter **** show with no clarity of exactly what they offer or how it works so I’ve mostly given up on the idea.

It doesn’t seem a patch on the FNB and eBucks offerings at this point.
    Same here. I was busy with the signup process to see if I can get to the real banking fees and charges for the full suite, and they never fully clarify it anywhere.

They also promise "up to" 75% saving on flights and gym fees, but never say what the requirements are to get the discounts. With Ebucks and FNB everything is very clear, so I'm leaning towards going full into that eco system.

From all of my research into this, it seems that you get the most value and benefits if you go full into the Discovery system or full into FNB. Having a FNB bank account and Discovery cc doesn't seem to be optimal anymore.
    A Sable Darkness, A Secret Deepness, A Solid Drumbeat...

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nucleous View Post
    I'm also playing the waiting game to see how they are going to handle this credit card switch over, with how things currently stand I'm thinking of just canning this discovery bank business and going full on FNB with my credit card so can earn some ebucks at least.

This money vitality story also looks unappealing and you have a monthly fee as well with regards to it, you are already paying vitality why this extra charge? This is just going to push my current bank fees with them up. FNB seems like the better option to me.

For now I'll wait and see what these morons tell me when they switch me over. I've already moved my life insurance, household and car insurance as Santam gave me better premiums and cover to boot.
    At least itís only like R15 isnít it?

Probably levels out with the FNB bank fees themselves that are slightly higher but include the ebucks stuff.

FNB definitely pays better at this point.

Itís an easy grand a month from then with little to no special effort.
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vic54 View Post
    Same here. I was busy with the signup process to see if I can get to the real banking fees and charges for the full suite, and they never fully clarify it anywhere.

They also promise "up to" 75% saving on flights and gym fees, but never say what the requirements are to get the discounts.
    Same... 80% of the way through the sign-up and I just stopped as I was not given any of the info I actually need.

Quite frankly, the only thing I want/need is 75% savings on flights... but they don't tell me how to achieve this.

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    At least it’s only like R15 isn’t it?

Probably levels out with the FNB bank fees themselves that are slightly higher but include the ebucks stuff.

FNB definitely pays better at this point.

It’s an easy grand a month from then with little to no special effort.
    It's a bit higher from what I can see. I can get no straight answer, their site tells this and that.

This is what I get from businesstech site.

DF.JPG