Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36668283848586

Thread: The Last of Us Part 2 21-02-2020

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    I wouldn't call that well written, it is so heavily influenced by the author's disdain for the game that it makes sweeping generalisations and incorrect assertions and then wraps them up as facts.

Tag me once you have finished the game and read this piece because I would like to pick it apart but wouldn't want your own experience of the game to be skewed by me.
    It really feels like I've had a rich emotional life when I see some comments on the mentality of people and what they should and shouldn't feel

But that's all I'll say about the article for now.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

2. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (July 9th, 2020),  nykfist (July 9th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

I wouldn't call that well written, it is so heavily influenced by the author's disdain for the game that it makes sweeping generalisations and incorrect assertions and then wraps them up as facts.

Tag me once you have finished the game and read this piece because I would like to pick it apart but wouldn't want your own experience of the game to be skewed by me.
    Will do, shot. Did you check out the review as well? That one I linked was just an opinion piece. Same author.

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

The problem I have with the Vice piece is that he is trying to understand motives based on his real world understanding of the world. In the world of TLoU however all these characters, especially the younger ones like Ellie, have only ever know death, murder, hate, suffering etc etc. So things like vengeance and murder are far more normalized and often necessary. For them to understand things like forgiveness is a much more difficult task.

Just look at Ellie in the first game. Mom dies before she even knows her, dad is MIA, friends recruited into Fireflies and are killed, infected everywhere, best friend gets infected while she’s the only person immune on the planet, given to Joel who is a dodgy smuggler, on the journey it’s hunters and cannibals and the brothers and etc etc etc.

We are not talking about a normal average person here.

5. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (July 9th, 2020)  

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Will do, shot. Did you check out the review as well? That one I linked was just an opinion piece. Same author.
    I did, not a site I frequent so I have to ask, do they ever give games a metric score?
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Ninja
    Best Mafia Player 2012
    Sipho/Sipson I dont know anymore :'(
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    The problem I have with the Vice piece is that he is trying to understand motives based on his real world understanding of the world. In the world of TLoU however all these characters, especially the younger ones like Ellie, have only ever know death, murder, hate, suffering etc etc. So things like vengeance and murder are far more normalized and often necessary. For them to understand things like forgiveness is a much more difficult task.

Just look at Ellie in the first game. Mom dies before she even knows her, dad is MIA, friends recruited into Fireflies and are killed, infected everywhere, best friend gets infected while she’s the only person immune on the planet, given to Joel who is a dodgy smuggler, on the journey it’s hunters and cannibals and the brothers and etc etc etc.

We are not talking about a normal average person here.
    Also she was born post infection. First game is set 20 years after the outbreak I think

8. Saying Thanks:

MarioAna (July 9th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

I did, not a site I frequent so I have to ask, do they ever give games a metric score?
    I'm not sure, but I don't think they do. I like listening to the Vice Waypoint podcast which usually has interesting chats between some of the Vice writers, that's how I came across the review at first. I really want to get around to reading the thing now, lol!

10. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (July 9th, 2020)  

Experience

12. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (July 9th, 2020),  creemyv (July 9th, 2020),  Master0z (July 9th, 2020),  Siphon (July 9th, 2020)  

Oupa
    *laughs in deranged*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Ok I know what you guys meant when yall said "**** that basement"

Lol yeah **** that basement!

Taking a break now

14. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (Yesterday),  cowbrains (July 9th, 2020),  creemyv (Yesterday),  millennia (Yesterday)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sting_Ray View Post
    Ok I know what you guys meant when yall said "**** that basement"

Lol yeah **** that basement!

Taking a break now
    **** getting out of the basement too

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36668283848586