Page 1064 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 64564964101410441060106110621063106410651066106710681084 ... LastLast
Results 10,631 to 10,640 of 10883

Thread: PlayStation 5 - General chat

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MurderDoll View Post
    If you want to turn off this music, here’s what to do:

Go to Setings
    Go to Sound > Audio Output
    Scroll down and look for Home Screen Music; toggle the option on of off depending on your preference

https://stevivor.com/guides/turn-off...in-menu-music/
    Its not the best solution as it now removes all background audio

Thanks for posting though

2. Saying Thanks:

MurderDoll (January 21st, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    I have to say; i'm not a huge fan of the PS5 UX.

I don't like the way trophies are hidden behind extra clicks, don't like that it can't remember the sort order when i look at them, there's a lack of progress display with the new level format.

Don't like the integrated PS Store, feels like i can't find things easily and the groupings of sales etc were much better on PS4.

Don't like the friends list.

Like and don't like the changing images when cycling through games, really don't like the crazy volume that those changes have.

It's clean and fast and good to look at, but it all seems messy. I'm hoping for changes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoG View Post
    Ive been wanting to complain about the same things.... thought it was just me.
    Im going to add some rants:

Integrated PS Store is nice, fast and the filtering is great, but yes, groupings suck.
    Cant turn off the menu music.
    I miss folders, or at least grouping in the library (or very least, move icons around in library)
    Library needs to open on installed content and not collection. (EVERY SINGLE TIME i go to library, i press R1 to switch, but dont press down first, then it goes to media tab)
    Cant see notifications from home screen.
    no easy access to trophy's, and the horizontal list is difficult to browse. (should really be part of the quick access)
    More clicks to close a game. would prefer it to be option in switcher to "close app" with out having to press start and select it.
    USB and saved media should be under media tab, not games library. (find this stupid)

Just the usual rant though, im getting used to it, but would like to see some changes in future.
    ...but it's 4k

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    ...but it's 4k
    ...and way neater than the cluttered mess Xbox calls a UI - and .
    Last edited by KenMasters; January 20th, 2021 at 06:41 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    and .
    Hahahah, made my day

Experience

I fins the UI to be much nicer than on PS4. I don’t check trophies though so might be why that particular bit hasn’t bothered me yet.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    I fins the UI to be much nicer than on PS4. I don’t check trophies though so might be why that particular bit hasn’t bothered me yet.
    I don't care for trophies either, but I do agree on the points raised about the store and the inability to call up the download history.

The download history thing is not a big deal, as you do get alerts for completed downloads, but I've resorted to downloading the PS app to more easily peruse the store. I'm sure it'll be improved in short order though, since it's Sony's back pocket at the end of the day.

8. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 20th, 2021)  

Very Senior Member
    The Silent Killers: Mimes, Cholesterol and NiN...
    Experience

Trophies on the PS App is much better., the console sucks. If you regularly use the app in conjunction with the console, things work a lot better.

I currently do all social, friends, trophy and store related things on my phone, and just game on the PS5

10. Saying Thanks:

PsyChoPanthis (January 20th, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Ps4 menu system was much better and simpler and quicker to getting to what you need,

There's a lot of stuff I don't see anybody using but things you do use are out of the way or gone, also feels much less social of a system than ps4 with how friends list and activities and messages is so out of the way that you never see or use it anymore.

Pressing and holding the PS button should do the opposite of what they do currently like it was on ps4.

Maybe I'm using it wrong but it just feels very anti social compared to the ps4 system.

The store is just weird on ps5, doesn't feel like a store. No comment on this really other than it sucks.

Horizontal trophies is just dumb, imagine if you wrote out your shopping list in 1 line, really weird. I understand they are also activities on ps4 games but the whole system is just goofy.

It should be 1 of the quick access icons instead off the the random stuff they have on there like microphone or whatever. It's a complete faff just getting to it.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; January 21st, 2021 at 01:05 AM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Ps4 menu system was much better and simpler and quicker to getting to what you need,

There's a lot of stuff I don't see anybody using but things you do use are out of the way or gone, also feels much less social of a system than ps4 with how friends list and activities and messages is so out of the way that you never see or use it anymore.

Pressing and holding the PS button should do the opposite of what they do currently like it was on ps4.

Maybe I'm using it wrong but it just feels very anti social compared to the ps4 system.

The store is just weird on ps5, doesn't feel like a store. No comment on this really other than it sucks.

Horizontal trophies is just dumb, imagine if you wrote out your shopping list in 1 line, really weird. I understand they are also activities on ps4 games but the whole system is just goofy.

It should be 1 of the quick access icons instead off the the random stuff they have on there like microphone or whatever. It's a complete faff just getting to it.
    It's a shame it's not working for you. For me, it's the opposite and the most responsive UI by a mile that Sony has ever done. The messaging system can use some work, other than that it works perfectly.

13. Saying Thanks:

Vic54 (January 21st, 2021)  

Addicted Member
    Experience

I have no issues with the PS5 UI, however I can agree it is much harder to find stuff on the store, even more so on the new mobile app.

I do however miss the activity wall thing of ps4 as it was nice to see what your friends are playing.

Something I would like is a page dedicated to the games you got a platinum trophy for. I realize there are people with 100s of plats but for me I only put in the effort to plat a game if I really rate it as one of the best games I've ever played. Only have 6 or so platinums at this stage and it would be nice to have one page to view the games I have done this for.

One thing I really don't like is the click on the 3 dots to change versions of a game. I've always had the normal Witcher 3 version and the Game of the Year version in my library on PS4. For the life of me I couldn't find the GOTY version on ps5 and thought about the 3 dots last night and sure enough I had to go to Witcher 3 and change versions.

Just seems unnecessary and tedious.
    Last edited by xxx_alwyn_xxx; January 21st, 2021 at 08:43 AM.
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato

Page 1064 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 64564964101410441060106110621063106410651066106710681084 ... LastLast