Page 1131 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 131631103110811111112711281129113011311132113311341135 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,310 of 11490

Thread: PlayStation 5 - General chat

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Just switch to digital and never bother with these things ever again ......

Every month just load your psn wallet with a set amount and pull the trigger when a game releases that YOU WANT to play
    Digital is an absolute waste at launch prices, no way to recover the funds. I only buy digital in the R500 or less category.

Oupa
    *laughs in deranged*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    I'm with you, I'll invest at R400 myself so that it's sub R600 with the remastered included. I've already played through the original Spiderman at launch so I don't mind waiting. Currently I'm looking for a new game to play, but neither Village or Returnal is my cup of tea. Honestly looking at Mass Effect tbh.

I'm running through P5 Royal again just to keep myself busy.
    Returnal and RE Village are titles I want to definitely play but that too I don't mind waiting for a sale. I don't suffer from FOMO thankfully so I can wait and I got a life and other hobbies that also take up my time.

As you can see from my sig I'm currently jamming R&C as I want to see if I'll enjoy it enough to get the new one as I haven't played a Ratchet game before.
    I also have MP games like OW & Apex that's a quick filler and time killer
    Times like this for others is a good opportunity to go for a platinum or kill the backlog.
    Last edited by Sting_Ray; May 11th, 2021 at 01:49 PM.

3. Saying Thanks:

Viking (May 11th, 2021)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    Digital is an absolute waste at launch prices, no way to recover the funds. I only buy digital in the R500 or less category.
    Thats the difference I don't want to recover the funds

Recovering funds puts unnecessary pressure on you to play your games because you chasing resale value and having to deal with low ballers complaining over prices 2nd hand

To me gaming is entertainment so I write off that digital purchase as an entertainment purchase

5. Saying Thanks:

Acheron (May 11th, 2021),  nan0s0ldier (May 13th, 2021),  Vena Sera (May 11th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Recovering funds puts unnecessary pressure on you to play your games because you chasing resale value and having to deal with low ballers complaining over prices 2nd hand

To me gaming is entertainment so I write off that digital purchase as an entertainment purchase
    Normally I write off up to R200, that gives me a month to play it. Which is far more than I need since I play games every day. So to me there is zero pressure anyway, and I don't mind to lose some money but not the full R1k+.

I only replay certain games like Persona which I actually did buy at full price digital, because I knew that's my ****. Same with Trails of Cold steel 4, and I will buy FF7 remake part 2 at full as well. So it really depends on which game it is.

FFXVI I will wait for reviews and if the reviews are great then that too will get a full purchase from me, but not if it's FFXV ****

7. Saying Thanks:

Viking (May 11th, 2021)  

Ninja
    Best Mafia Player 2012
    Sipho/Sipson I dont know anymore :'(
    Game IDs
    Experience

Can always look for trades instead of a sale

Experience

I used to also think buy disc and sell when you done. But can’t remember the last time I sold a game. The only thing that kept me buying physical was not having uncapped but even with that issue I have far more digital games than disc. This was the first year I bought a digital copy of FIFA 21 at launch. Now that I have fibre I will probably go just digital. Pity that there is nothing for me to really play on PS5.

10. Saying Thanks:

Viking (May 11th, 2021)  

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

That doesn’t really make all that much sense unless you are finishing games as quickly as they are coming out. I’m playing games I want and others are coming out while I’m doing it. Makes zero sense to buy them until I’m finished the current one.

By default I buy the second hand game when I’m ready, cheaper and by that time the game is actually finished and fixed. While I could hit the open market and deal with people (yuck), I’d rather just go to EB and get it semi cheap with no hassle.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    That doesn’t really make all that much sense unless you are finishing games as quickly as they are coming out. I’m playing games I want and others are coming out while I’m doing it. Makes zero sense to buy them until I’m finished the current one.

By default I buy the second hand game when I’m ready, cheaper and by that time the game is actually finished and fixed. While I could hit the open market and deal with people (yuck), I’d rather just go to EB and get it semi cheap with no hassle.
    Oh no I take long to play games

I don't experiment with games anymore I will only buy things I know I will play

At the rate I play games ill probably buy 2 games a year

Considering all the sales and psn plus stuff available

Experience

Actually there is a valid case when you look at the Sony store exclusivity.

You can buy store credit from any retailer so that should be enough right?
    No, store credit is the exact amount so there are no discounts on it and some sites charge above the credit so they can make a cut.

Discounts on physical happens to get rid of stock because storing things actually costs money. Same with digital however it is much easier to discount digital because that storage sits in 1 place (or multiple server farms) but not multiple manned buildings. Where the physical is already printed and basically keyed, digital you only key once its demanded so no print or additional distribution and storage costs.

Regardless of that PSN sets the price of games and there is no key resellers that can take a cut or provide keys at different pricing.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Spring is a season of meetings and partings
    Experience

Hidden Content
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds. Fire walk with me.

15. Saying Thanks:

po10cyZA (May 12th, 2021),  SLYGUY (May 12th, 2021),  Sting_Ray (May 12th, 2021),  xcaliber (May 12th, 2021)  

Page 1131 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 131631103110811111112711281129113011311132113311341135 ... LastLast