Page 1083 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 8358398310331063107910801081108210831084108510861087 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,830 of 10900

Thread: PlayStation 5 - General chat

Oupa
    I am not addicted to beer… It’s addicted to me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Gran Turismo 7 delayed to 2022 fue to Covid:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...579053057?s=19
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Very Senior Member
    Waiting Watching
    Experience

GT will always get delayed, then they will release the full game over 6 months with patches.

On the cooling front it has actually made a world of differenece in my Pro to just tilt the console so the back is facing upward by like 35 odd degrees.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Sony on launching titles on PC. PC seems like the place to game
    What about PlayStation games on PC? A whole slate of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring.
    Q: Fair enough. So releasing PlayStation games on PC was something that Sony PlayStation held back on for a long time. Now it sounds like you’re very much on that bandwagon. What changed?

A: I think a few things changed. We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

Q: This is following on from your publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

A: We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.
    https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cultur...interview-2021

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post

I'll just get a PC and pirate everything lol

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    I'll just get a PC and pirate everything lol

6. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (February 23rd, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

New VR is incoming:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02...n-playstation/

More than four years ago, we launched PlayStation VR to offer a transformative new way to play games on PS4, providing a much stronger sense of presence and deeper immersion to players compared with traditional games. In that time, we’ve seen tremendous experiences that have propelled virtual reality gaming forward, including highly acclaimed titles like Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, Tetris Effect, Blood & Truth, Moss, Beat Saber, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard. We’ve also enhanced the experience for some PS VR titles when played on PS4 Pro and PlayStation 5.

Today I’m pleased to share that our next-generation VR system will be coming to PlayStation 5, enabling the ultimate entertainment experience with dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity. Players will feel an even greater sense of presence and become even more immersed in their game worlds once they put on the new headset.

We’re continuing to innovate with our new VR system so that our fans can continue to enjoy the unique experiences that are synonymous with PlayStation. We’re taking what we’ve learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input. It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.

One of the innovations we’re excited about is our new VR controller, which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics. That’s just one of the examples of future-proof technology we’re developing to match our vision for a whole new generation of VR games and experiences.

There’s still a lot of development underway for our new VR system, so it won’t be launching in 2021. But we wanted to provide this early update to our fans, as the development community has started to work on creating new worlds for you to explore in virtual reality.

We also want to thank all of our PS VR players for your continued support — with upcoming games like After The Fall, Sniper Elite VR, and Humanity, there’s much more to come for PS VR whether you’re playing on PS4 or PS5. With both PlayStation VR and the next-generation VR system we’re building, our commitment to virtual reality as a medium for games is stronger than ever. We look forward to sharing more details in the future!

Edit: I see there is a separate thread already:

https://sagamer.co.za/forum/showthre...PlayStation-VR
    Last edited by bokka1; February 23rd, 2021 at 05:13 PM.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Next State of Play is on 25 February.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...876273159?s=19

Per Gematsu:

The broadcast will featuring new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party games featured in the “PlayStation 5: The Future of Gaming” showcase from June 2020. It will not feature any PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates.
    Edit:
    So probably Kena, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank and Deathloop maybe?
    Last edited by Cathal; February 24th, 2021 at 12:23 AM.

9. Saying Thanks:

Fid (February 24th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Basically the only reason I bought a PS5 is for the great exclusives. Now if they release them on PC, what's the point of having a PS5 ��

11. Saying Thanks:

ReaperSKN (February 24th, 2021)  

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPooky View Post
    Basically the only reason I bought a PS5 is for the great exclusives. Now if they release them on PC, what's the point of having a PS5 ��
    Some does not mean all.

But consoles are still the cheaper than PCs. Especially in the current market. It's good if you have a PC, but most people don't.

13. Saying Thanks:

Vic54 (February 24th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Some does not mean all.

But consoles are still the cheaper than PCs. Especially in the current market. It's good if you have a PC, but most people don't.
    Consoles may be cheaper, but sometimes I feel like the game price difference more than makes up for the initial PC price.

15. Saying Thanks:

Jer1cho (February 24th, 2021),  Master0z (February 24th, 2021)  

Page 1083 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 8358398310331063107910801081108210831084108510861087 ... LastLast