Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314

Thread: PlayStation 5 Launches Holiday 2020

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    I'm going to wait and see how things pan out after the release of the PS5. I'll need to upgrade my AVR to go along with the new TV as well, and the two models I have my eye on (one of which has yet to be released) are still HDMI 2.0 - only likely to be upgraded to 2.1 in a year or two anyway.

There's also LG's new generation OLED fabrication to consider, improved 94% glass usage efficiency on a 65" over the 64% of the previous gen. This is likely to impact pricing, especially considering Samsung is heavily hinted to be ready for commercial QD-OLED production by 2021.

Both technologically and financially, it makes more sense to me to wait a year or so into the next gen before seriously looking at a new TV.
    I know the denon X8500 comes with hdmi 2.0 but also comes with a free hardware upgrade to 2.1 where you can hand it back to Denon and they replace the hdmi ports. Problem is, I expect this is only available in first world countries plus being a denon flagship model, it's a fairly expensive. Do you know of any other 2019 AV's with it? I'm not looking to upgrade just yet but I find manufacturers who are early adopters have a bit of a leg up with their future models

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    I know the denon X8500 comes with hdmi 2.0 but also comes with a free hardware upgrade to 2.1 where you can hand it back to Denon and they replace the hdmi ports. Problem is, I expect this is only available in first world countries plus being a denon flagship model, it's a fairly expensive. Do you know of any other 2019 AV's with it? I'm not looking to upgrade just yet but I find manufacturers who are early adopters have a bit of a leg up with their future models
    The X8500 is one of the two AVRs I'm looking at. As far as I'm aware, the HDMI 2.1 upgrade isn't free, or at least the installation of the board is not free. It'll be the same as the X7200 though, once the board is released, the model sold at retail will come fitted with the new HDMI board (so might as well wait until then, unless you really need an AVR right now).

The other option I'm looking at is the upcoming NAD T 778. It'll also be 2.0 on release, but as with the X8500, an upgrade will be made available (which you can install yourself), and the retail model will be updated.

Pending reviews, I'm leaning towards the NAD. It's super efficient thus smaller and better specified where it counts, I also only require 7 channels of amplification.
    Last edited by KenMasters; October 14th, 2019 at 01:23 PM.

Experience

Yeah will wait for the new Denon AVRs and new OLEDs that are proper gsync compatible etc.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Yeah will wait for the new Denon AVRs and new OLEDs that are proper gsync compatible etc.
    G-sync isn't part of the HDMI spec so it's unlikely AVR manufacturers will support it. It's up to the HDMI Forum to add support to later iterations of HDMI 2.0 - although I also think that's unlikely, given its proprietary nature. What we're far more likely (if not certainly) to see is HDMI 2.1a with G-sync 2 for HDR support on the next gen consoles.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314