Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1127282930313233343551 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 Launches Holiday 2020

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GnarkillZA View Post
    Confirmed that Sony will not be at E3 2020:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ate-in-e3-2020

From what i understand Sony and the ESA don't get along anymore (since last year or so i think). MS technically aren't at E3 either as they do their show across the road and Nintendo do Directs now (but they do have floor space i think).

Bit of a bummer as i loved watching all the shows. I don't think it'll have any real impact if i'm honest but i will miss the spectacle. Sony will probably go big at PGS and Tokyo with a reveal in Feb or so.

2. Saying Thanks:

GnarkillZA (January 14th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Generally speaking it's 5% import duty, then add shipping etc and then add 10% GST.

That's not the strange thing though, for some reason when the PS4 launched here it just cost more than everywhere else. Not a retail markup, it seems that Sony just charged Aus more for whatever reason. That was a long time ago though.

Right now you can buy a PS4 Pro for R5k, SA price seems to be R7,500?

XBoneX R9k on RARU, R8,300 on TakeAlot and here it's R6k.

That's retail store prices so no importing or anything.

Against the USD the launch prices in Aus were not even in the ballpark of Price * import duty * GST * exchange rate, right now they are spot on. Something changed.
    Yeah I know Apple stuff is also at a weird premium there over everything else.

I think my memory was a bit fluffy and it’s actually that there wasn’t any import duty before until a few years ago.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

The prices of tech in ZA is ridiculously over-inflated.

5. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 14th, 2020)  

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

I'm not really a fan of these "leaks" as i know 90% of them are either obvious or nonsense but i feel compelled to share them as it is a new console year and you never know. So here some stuff posted by some guy somewhere:

Blurry picture of the PS5:

BogusPS5.jpg

• Full reveal on Feb 5th, with pre-orders opening right after the reveal.
    • Price $499
    • 3 months free PSNow subscription
    • Full BC with 1,2,3,4,PSP ("What's a Vita?" Sony asked)
    • PS5’s new slogan is “It’s time to play,”
    • 10 TFlops
    • PS5 remote play to all kinds of devices
    • PS4 accessories will work on the PS5

Source:
    https://bgr.com/2020/01/13/ps5-relea...etails-leaked/

Now let's look at those:

Feb 5th seems too early for a full reveal. We already know that something is happening in early Feb so no surprises there. Just the extent of the "something" is in question. Pre-orders that early i can't see happening.

Price, well that's not rocket science. The only question is $499 or $399 and i still think it'll be $399.

3 months PSNow is not a surprise either, we know it exists and works and we know Sony haven't done enough with it. We know GP is a real major point for MS so Sony would be brain-dead not to have been working hard on PSNow.

Full BC. Cerny said there would be BC long ago, again it's just the extent of that BC we don't know about. I think the only trick would be the PS3 so we'll see.

New slogan. Okay whatever. Don't care if it's right or wrong to be honest.

10 TFlops, all rumours have pointed to 9ish already so that's not a stretch. Although it's been shown that TFlops are not the deciding factor in overall performance so yeah just show us games.

Remote play already works really well on PS4 so no surprise there.

PS4 accessories working was already stated by Sony.

Many already known things, a couple of obvious guesses and 2 claims that will prove it true or false. The pre-order thing is probably the one i'd say if they got that right then they really did have a leak.

The picture. Well it's blurry and could be what the PS5 looks like i guess. Pretty basic looking, non-offensive black box which is all it ever needs to be. I just can't think that Sony would design it to look anything like an "X".

7. Saying Thanks:

riezo (January 15th, 2020),  Vast_aire (January 15th, 2020),  Vic54 (January 15th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah no way it's going to be that dinky Chinese clone console looking thing, I expect a much sleeker & straightforward design.

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

That's a terrible design in my opinion

I'd prefer the bedpan in that case.

Bit tired of spec rumours by now, instead of official answers. That counts for both Sony and Microsoft.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    That's a terrible design in my opinion

I'd prefer the bedpan in that case.

Bit tired of spec rumours by now, instead of official answers. That counts for both Sony and Microsoft.
    Really?

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Really?
    Certainly.

Obviously assumptions are based on a bunch on pictures, but at least the bedpan tries sticking to a smallish form factor. In comparison, the above design has a bunch of angles that does nothing more than make the console footprint larger than it needs to be. Those angles obviously wouldn't be usable interior space.

That said, I'd prefer a better design, period. But choosing between the two, makes me lean towards the bedpan. If for no other reason than being easily hidden in an entertainment unit.

Souls Master
    Ps4 Plats Needed
    Game IDs
    Experience

How it looks really doesnt bother me ....How it sounds.. Please no jet engine.. I suspect this gen might be attractive to low/mid pc gamers . If we really get 4k/60 with fast ssd etc I am keen to see how many Master Race gamers defect due to simplicity of console gaming...

13. Saying Thanks:

Strifehart (January 15th, 2020)  

Addicted Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by damac10 View Post
    How it looks really doesnt bother me ....How it sounds.. Please no jet engine.. I suspect this gen might be attractive to low/mid pc gamers . If we really get 4k/60 with fast ssd etc I am keen to see how many Master Race gamers defect due to simplicity of console gaming...
    I don't know. Console gaming, from a simplicity standpoint, has really started taking backwards steps.

Originally you could argue it was plug and play. Now it's starting to get the same patches and different entry points and other hassles a PC has, without really offering much in return.

As someone that can afford both currently, the PCs utility will always win out over a pure gaming console. Also, low/mid tier PC gamers would likely not be the people that have 4K x-inch TVs just lying around. They'll be the base instead of Pro console holders with 32" 1080p screens (obviously there are exceptions, just speculation)

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1127282930313233343551 ... LastLast