Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 245470717273747576 LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 751

Thread: PlayStation 5 Launches Holiday 2020

  1. #731
    Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Cathal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    3,760
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    R7999 launch price?
    Doubtful... Exchange rate already puts it at that price (about) without including those delicious taxes.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

  2. #732
    Gaming Wizard Fid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    12,688
    Experience

    Default

    Think i’ll get rid of my PS4 in October to assist with funding.

  3. #733
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,846
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    R7999 launch price?
    R9999 most likely.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  4. Saying Thanks:

    bokka1 (February 15th, 2020)  

  5. #734
    Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Uberutang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Between countries right now
    Posts
    28,581
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Yeah also think 9999, got 25k stashed for next gen, but I might not get both at launch.

  6. #735
    Gaming Wizard WarGod ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glen Marais, Kempton Park
    Posts
    9,558
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Yeah also think 9999, got 25k stashed for next gen, but I might not get both at launch.
    Wait till they announce launch line-ups.

    Everyone getting ancy with what to get at launch, either way is fine I guess.

    I'll get XSX day one no matter what tho.

    PS5 for me will wait till next year at least.

    You have much more game time so both should be a consideration to you

  7. Saying Thanks:

    bokka1 (February 15th, 2020),  Uberutang (February 14th, 2020)  

  8. #736
    Senior Member psuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    973
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Wait till they announce launch line-ups.

    Everyone getting ancy with what to get at launch, either way is fine I guess.

    I'll get XSX day one no matter what tho.

    PS5 for me will wait till next year at least.

    You have much more game time so both should be a consideration to you
    If big devs keep pushing Crossplay and Gamepass remains as great as it is, then I'm definitely sticking to Xbox, but I've a feeling both these machines will retail for >= 9999 in SA easily.

    Even current gen console prices here are a total dumpster fire.
    Games: Oblivion Platinum, LBP, RB6V2, SFIV, Turok, GRAW2


    gaming informed.

  9. #737
    Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Uberutang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Between countries right now
    Posts
    28,581
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I see Sony execs are now saying that most titles will be on PS4 and ps5 and that the conversion rate will be gradual.
    “Engaged users not hardware sales”

  10. #738
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    12,098
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    I see Sony execs are now saying that most titles will be on PS4 and ps5 and that the conversion rate will be gradual.
    “Engaged users not hardware sales”
    Where do you see this? And why is it a win for Xbox?

    Obviously there would be gradual cross gen period but there will be ps5 stuff not made for Ps4 in the first year so yeah. Sony is still dominating.

  11. Saying Thanks:

    scienide (February 15th, 2020)  

  12. #739
    Colossus
    Interesting times.
    MarioAna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    36,157
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    R7999 launch price?
    If we do some basic garage math, that works for me most of the time when importing:

    $450 * 15% VAT = $517.5
    $517.5 * 15.1 (exchange rate + a little for bank margin) = R7814.25
    R7814.25 + shipping fees and variable profit for retailers gives a best estimate of roughly R8,500.

    Can't see it being more than R9k.

  13. Saying Thanks:

    Fid (February 15th, 2020)  

  14. #740
    Senior Member psuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    973
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    If we do some basic garage math, that works for me most of the time when importing:

    $450 * 15% VAT = $517.5
    $517.5 * 15.1 (exchange rate + a little for bank margin) = R7814.25
    R7814.25 + shipping fees and variable profit for retailers gives a best estimate of roughly R8,500.

    Can't see it being more than R9k.
    Ye it's going to be rough, how much did the PS3 retail in SA for at release? Granted I think the Rand was in a better place back then though..
    Games: Oblivion Platinum, LBP, RB6V2, SFIV, Turok, GRAW2


    gaming informed.

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 245470717273747576 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •