Thread: Xbox One Elite 2 - issues galore

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Xbox One Elite 2 - issues galore

And that is why I am never buying an Elite ever again.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n39...eries-2-broken

Seems the v2 has its own set of issues for such a hefty price tag. Albeit the only issue I had with the OG Elite was the rubber grips coming off due to excessive use after 6 months.

Oupa
    Oh, is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan74 View Post
    And that is why I am never buying an Elite ever again.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n39...eries-2-broken

Seems the v2 has its own set of issues for such a hefty price tag. Albeit the only issue I had with the OG Elite was the rubber grips coming off due to excessive use after 6 months.
    But all the reviewers (xbots) raved about it with no issues

Really wouldn't mind one.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vena Sera View Post
    But all the reviewers (xbots) raved about it with no issues

Really wouldn't mind one.
    Indeed they did. Locally the price is close enough to purchase a Switch Lite as well but to purchase something which might have issues for such a price is risky. Sure you can return it but then wait for replacement stock could take a while. It could be faulty units as well? Who knows.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

I don't see the problem.

The thing has a warranty so you just get a new one until it's resolved.

Also "issues" always come from the vocal minority. Not the very happy majority. As per the article.

It's unclear how far widespread these issues are. Some owners are getting on fine with their elites and aren't experiencing any issues at all. Do you own an Elite Series 2 Controller? Let us know in the comments if you've come across any of the issues above.
    I'll never go without an Elite again.

I have also found that every Xbox controller needs some "breaking in" time. I hated them all at first and then after a week or two they settle down.
    Last edited by SauRoN; November 14th, 2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Mine is ordered from amazon Italy. can't wait to not bitch about it (probably)

6. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (November 14th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    I have also found that every Xbox controller needs some "breaking in" time. I hated them all at first and then after a week or two they settle down.
    I remember this very well, coming from 360 to the original xbox one, the controller felt bad, after a month I couldn't go back to the 360 controller, you probably just get used to it.

I immediately notice the ginormous battery pack the 360 controller has in the middle, the thin triggers and the squishy d-pad and I'm out.

Elite controller FTW.

8. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (November 14th, 2019),  Uberutang (November 14th, 2019)  

Experience

Hi everyone, what is the general consensus on these Elite controllers?
    Not talking about the issues, but is it really worth it to spend 4.5K on a EliteV2 controller? Does it make you a better player?
    I am quite tempted to get a V2 along with the Series X when I upgrade, but spending 15K on a console and controller is a lot if its not really worth it.
    Thoughts?

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by noFriendsZA View Post
    Hi everyone, what is the general consensus on these Elite controllers?
    Not talking about the issues, but is it really worth it to spend 4.5K on a EliteV2 controller? Does it make you a better player?
    I am quite tempted to get a V2 along with the Series X when I upgrade, but spending 15K on a console and controller is a lot if its not really worth it.
    Thoughts?
    I got the elite on release and the elite 2 on release and if it breaks today I order another one asap. I love it. So many options, so many fine tunes to suit your specific play style. No way I can play shooters with a regular controller again. battery life is also 40 + hours, so that is fantastic.

TLDR after a year still no issues or drama. Just works perfectly well everytime.

11. Saying Thanks:

noFriendsZA (November 25th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I'm on my second V2. First one the Y button stopped registering, the RT started sticking and the L3 stopped clicking, all within a week of eachother. The second unit has (touch wood) been flawless so far since August.

The customisation is really nice, but to be honest, it's not worth 4.5K. Got mine as a gift from the Mrs at the launch price of R3899 and even that was a bit rich. If you've got the money to burn, it's a nice controller. It definitely doesn't make you a better gamer, but it does add some nice-to-haves like the stick tension and trigger stops. I once mag dumped a guy with a pistol in MW and heard him say "how'd he shoot so fast?!"... but i don't think that's worth 4.5k.

EDIT: to add, the battery life is awesome! Played the first 35 hours of ACV on one charge. And even then I only put it on charge because of the orange light. Still had some juice in it.
    Last edited by FiveStarZA; November 25th, 2020 at 03:03 PM.
    ★★★★★
    Gamertag: FiveStar ZA

13. Saying Thanks:

noFriendsZA (November 25th, 2020),  Uberutang (November 25th, 2020)  

Experience

Thanks, super tempted to try it out...
    baie geld vir n paar knoppies